Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Bike trailer/kid carrier

Started by .......|||||... · · Last activity · 10 posts · 10,600 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
28 October 2003
Last activity
29 October 2003
Original author
.......|||||...
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
10,600
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered recently.

    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still included in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the
    LBS's, as well as online for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand
    seems to have a great deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought
    about this? A constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

  2. Quoted message said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered recently.

    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still included in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the
    LBS's, as well as online for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand
    seems to have a great deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought
    about this? A constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

    I have a Cyclesport that I've been quite happy with and I have plenty of good things about
    the Burley.

    One thing to keep in mind is that unless you plan to install a rear facing car seat in the trailer,
    you'll have to wait until your little one is at least a year old before he/she can ride in it. And
    the manual that came with my trailer suggested (well, actually insisted) that kids under 18mos not
    ride in it.

    -Andrew

  3. ".......|||||........" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered


    recently.

    Quoted message said:


    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still


    included

    Quoted message said:

    in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the LBS's, as well as


    online

    Quoted message said:

    for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand seems to have a great
    deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought about this? A
    constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

    I've been using a Trek Rocket convertible trailer summer and I like it quite a bit. It can be a
    jogger or a trailer, so it's pretty versatile, and is surprisingly good at both functions. It also
    has a nice low profile and rolls pretty efficiently. It has a five point harness or if you get the
    larger one you can mount a car seat in it. I haven't tried all the others, but this one seems to
    perform well for our needs.

    Matt

  4. Andrew Thorne said:
    Quoted message said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered recently.

    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still included in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the
    LBS's, as well as online for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand
    seems to have a great deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought
    about this? A constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

    I have a Cyclesport that I've been quite happy with and I have plenty of good things about
    the Burley.

    One thing to keep in mind is that unless you plan to install a rear facing car seat in the
    trailer, you'll have to wait until your little one is at least a year old before he/she can ride
    in it. And the manual that came with my trailer suggested (well, actually insisted) that kids
    under 18mos not ride in it.

    -Andrew


    I used a rear facing car sea in a Burley-worked fine. I liked the Burley and so did the kids, until
    they got too big to both fit comfortably. Anyone near Salida need a Burley?

    Cheers, Shawn

  5. Thanks to all of you for your answers. I did realize that the tiniest won't be able to ride in there
    for awhile, but i didn't realize it would be a year or more. This is all new to me, so I'll learn.
    And using a car seat in there sounds to be the ticket, when she is old enough to go for the ride. So
    in the meantime, I guess we'll have to trade off on who is riding and who is babysitting, eh?

    Thanks again....and if anyone has other opinions, fire away...

    Andre' ".......|||||........" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered


    recently.

    Quoted message said:


    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still


    included

    Quoted message said:

    in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the LBS's, as well as


    online

    Quoted message said:

    for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand seems to have a great
    deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought about this? A
    constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

  6. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    ".......|||||........" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered


    recently.

    Quoted message said:


    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in
    a trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still


    included

    Quoted message said:

    in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the LBS's, as well as


    online

    Quoted message said:

    for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand seems to have a great
    deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought about this? A
    constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Thanks. A

    I've been using a Trek Rocket convertible trailer summer and I like it


    quite

    Quoted message said:

    a bit. It can be a jogger or a trailer, so it's pretty versatile, and is surprisingly good at both
    functions. It also has a nice low profile and rolls pretty efficiently. It has a five point
    harness or if you get the larger one you can mount a car seat in it. I haven't tried all the
    others, but this one seems to perform well for our needs.


    Does it have a Na$car approved roll cage?

  7. "Mojo Deluxe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]... <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Does it have a Na$car approved roll cage?

    It does have a roll cage, but somehow I doubt it's NASCAR approved. I usually try to keep it under
    100 Mph. anyway.

    Matt

  8. "MattB" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Mojo Deluxe" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...


    <another snip>

    Quoted message said:

    usually try to keep it under 100 Mph. anyway.


    At least when the kid is in tow.

  9. .......|||||........ said:

    Just peeked into the list, so I apologize if this has been covered recently.

    Having a wee one in December, which means that spring riding could theoretically include her in a
    trailer. Calm stuff, yes, but still included in the glorious ride. I've been looking around the
    LBS's, as well as online for the best I can get for safety, convertability etc. The Chariot brand
    seems to have a great deal of functionality and versatility. Does anyone out there have a thought
    about this? A constructive thought that is... Better brand(s) etc?

    Burley Solo!

    I'll sell you ours for $150.00 if you are in N.E. and can come get it

    --
    John G. in Memphis, TN Have a nice......... night.
    shavings.netreflect john.jpg

  10. .......|||||........ said:

    Thanks to all of you for your answers. I did realize that the tiniest won't be able to ride in
    there for awhile, but i didn't realize it would be a year or more. This is all new to me, so I'll
    learn. And using a car seat in there sounds to be the ticket, when she is old enough to go for
    the ride. So in the meantime, I guess we'll have to trade off on who is riding and who is
    babysitting, eh?

    We had Burley D'Lites when our kids were little. Our son went on his first ride when he was just a
    few months old. He rode in his punkin seat-style car seat, in the fully reclined position. We were
    able to arrange the trailer's seat belts to secure the seat, and the baby was always belted in
    securely with the car seat's 5-point harness. We didn't make the kids wear helmets in the trailer,
    but when the little guy was less than a year old, we used a sort of small rolled pillow that fit
    around his head that kept it from lolling to the sides when he fell asleep. We tried to schedule
    rides during his normal nap times. The rumble of the wheels would put him to sleep almost instantly.

    Kathleen

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.