Bike weight - how important??

Yes, I found that thread with mathematical proofs later on. They check out fairly well.
Still, I did say in terms of 'feel' and such, and in certain situations. I'm on a Masters' course in Physics, so I understand well the absolute energies and forces involved, but the experience of riding a lighter bike is more than that.

NJ Hewitt said:
Something that's only been briefly touched on so far and deserves emphasis is that rotational mass is far more important than static mass on the bike; the same weight loss off your rims, tyres, even shoes is far more beneficial than than weight loss off your frame or saddle. I'd say at least five times more helpful in terms of the feel and effort of riding while cornering or accelerating, and still very noticeable on the flat and steady.
This topic is 3 years old, but it has not been justified, I've spent hours on this forum(good stuff!), unless I missed out. Anyone bother to shed some light to this topic again?

What are the obvious/fixed variables in terms of weigth, that would contribute to better performance? eg. acceleration, coasting, downhill/uphill?

Will a 10kg bike with a 70kg rider, have the same performance to a 7kg bike with a 73kg rider, all other things being equal? eg. frame material/groupsets/wind/road condition/pedalling power

Hope I make sense:eek: