I used the CTC form letter to email my MEPs and got this response:
"Thank you for your e-mail regarding cycles on trains and daytime running of
headlights: I reply to you on behalf of all three Conservative MEPs for the
West Midlands region as I handle constituent queries from your area.
The issue you raise on cycles is indeed part of the Third Rail package.
Whilst we are generally in favour of such a measure being applicable overall
to international journeys, the issue of legislation regarding domestic rail
services should, in our view, be a matter for the national Governments of
individual Member States.
With regard to the daytime use of headlights, I very much note your concern
regarding the possible effect on the safety of cyclists. We have yet to see
the detail of the Commission proposals, but I can assure you that we will
bear the comments of yourself and others very much in mind when we discuss
the final text.
Yours sincerely
Malcolm Harbour MEP"
Not much comfort there!
--
Regards
Alex
The From address above is a spam-trap.
The Reply-To address is valid