Biking around Netherlands

haris

Feb 25, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm a student in Nederlands and will graduate this summer. I'm planning to have a trip around Nederlands after my graduation, between july-august, with route (more or less):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&vps=1&jsv=315d&msa=19&msid=211129346433719490942.00049cddc601bd21dffd8

well it's just plan in my head, but it would be awesome by the time I can make it into realization. So, I'm asking a help to you guys, especially the expert/who has experience already. what i'm asking are : what's the things to be prepared, and what to do/ not to do?

as for now, I make this assumption:
1. my total distance would be 1000 km(+/-)
2. I would take 14 days for the trip --> between 60-70 km/day
3. sleeping in outdoor-ish style

well, to mapping what's in my mind, I better give these questions:
1. is there any free camping site to get sleep on in the night(in each of the cities) as I prefer an outdoor-ish style?
2. which type of bike would suit me best for the average distance per day that i will took(as i mention above)?
3. cliche::what are the basic kits to bring??(sorry to ask guys,,i'm total noobie for this)
4. would you prefer having this trip individually or by group(2 person at least)? --personal--

Cycling along Belgian highways is not allowed. But probably you do not intend to do so (although your map suggests it!)

Why cross the Scheldt through the Westerscheldetunnel nearby Terneuzen (only possible with you and your bicycle in a bus) if you can do it with a ferry (twice an hour) between Breskens and Vlissingen? That's far more pleasant and scenic.

If the weather is continuously bad (impossible to predict) you will regret your outdoor sleeps. Use 'Vrienden op de Fiets' as a dry 19 euro back-up. Present in every village in the Netherlands. The number of hosts in Flanders is not so exhaustive, but still more than sufficient.

http://www.vriendenopdefiets.nl

Thanks, for the tips.

actually i didn't see the details of those tracks that i made of. Mainly, I'll see a road which is more of crossing the country side, so I would avoid the highway. the tracks i made is just for the basic help which cities that i planned to cross. If ferry is more epic then tips is taken:)

I've already made some alternative if the outdoor sleep is hardly possible, then i would contact friends of mine who resides in the check point cities.