General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Blowing my own horn

Started by the_bmac · · Last activity · 10 posts · 153 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
16 May 2007
Last activity
25 May 2007
Original author
the_bmac
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
153
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
    gotta hold back a bit there.

    Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
    2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
    still grinning. The plan was to go 11km@ 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
    subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
    tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
    race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.

  2. the_bmac said:

    After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from
    the ashes of way too many ... ooops, gotta hold back a bit there.

    Thanks for sparing our delicate ears.

    Quoted message said:

    Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target
    time was anything within 10% of 2hrs. Had completed the course
    in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28.

    Outstanding, congrats!

    What's your training like? And more importantly, how'd you celebrate
    - or does that also need censorship?

  3. Charlie Pendejo said:

    Outstanding, congrats!

    thanks

    Quoted message said:

    What's your training like? And more importantly, how'd you celebrate
    - or does that also need censorship?

    Just coming off a 4 month training cycle of speed-tempo-LSD that had me doing 35-40miles/week in the
    weeks before the taper. Tri-training adds 60-80 bike miles/week in 2 sessions with brick workouts and
    pool sessions as well. As to the celebrations...<cue sleazy sax riffs> it was a _hot_ afternoon

  4. the_bmac said:

    After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
    gotta hold back a bit there.

    Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
    2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
    still grinning. The plan was to go 11km@ 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
    subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
    tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
    race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.

    I strongly suspect there's no part of your body that ever got anything
    blown unless you did it yourself.

  5. "the_bmac" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes
    of way too many ... ooops, gotta hold back a bit there.

    Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time
    was anything within 10% of 2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two
    weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm still grinning.
    The plan was to go 11km@ 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with
    each subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole
    thing. I had so much left in the tank in the last 3km that I passed
    50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the race.
    The plan for the fall marathon continues.

    Good effort! Target achieved and finishing strong.

    Anthony.

  6. the_bmac said:

    After 27 years of sloth, I have like a rusted phoenix risen from the ashes of way too many ... ooops,
    gotta hold back a bit there.

    Completed the first half-marathon of my life last weekend. Target time was anything within 10% of
    2hrs. Had completed the course in 2:16 two weeks earlier so... Anyways, chip time was 2:01:28. I'm
    still grinning. The plan was to go 11km@ 6min and then gradually bring them in faster with each
    subsequent km. In the end, I went 5:40 for just about the whole thing. I had so much left in the
    tank in the last 3km that I passed 50-100 people mostly climbing gentle slopes in the last part of the
    race. The plan for the fall marathon continues.

    Great job! Hang in there and stay with it. You'll be surprised at
    how fast you will make progress.

    Frank

  7. Frank Boettcher said:

    Great job! Hang in there and stay with it. You'll be surprised at
    how fast you will make progress.

    Thanks to both you and Anthony. I have gone through a period of improvement in the latter part of
    this last cycle. My 10k went from 1:04 to 51:54 in the space of 4 weeks so I'm feeling quite good
    about the progress. I do know that the real work is yet to come. For some silly reason I seem to be
    motivated to get to about 3:45 at Detroit or Toronto this fall...hmmm

  8. You're boasting about finishing half of a race?

    I drank a half case of beer, smoked a half ounce of sweet cheeba, ate
    half of a pizza in one sitting, and made it through half of Chariots Of
    Fire yesterday, but you don't hear me crowing about it.

  9. Miss Anne Thrope wrote:
    <snip>

    yaawwwwnnnn....

    *plonk*

  10. the_bmac said:

    Miss Anne Thrope wrote:

    <snip>

    yaawwwwnnnn....

    *plonk*

    You know there's nothing worse than a lieing sack of [censored]. Your stupid
    ass has "plonked" her several times already, if you really did it then
    it wouldn't happen a second time [censored].

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.