General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Boiled chicken?

Started by Ron Hardin · · Last activity · 30 posts · 4,067 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
31 March 2006
Last activity
4 April 2006
Original author
Ron Hardin
Posts
30
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
4,067
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–30 of 30
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. On Sat 01 Apr 2006 02:53:59p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Felice
    Friese?

    Quoted message said:


    "Wayne Boatwright" wrote...

    Quoted message said:

    On Fri 31 Mar 2006 08:27:23p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Nancy
    Young?

    Quoted message said:

    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    > The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    > boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati
    Chili must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.

    nancy (spaghetti, cinnamon, oh no)

    Nancy, I agree. I think Cincinnati Chili is disgusting...on several
    levels. --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

    The problem with Cincinnati Chili (or Skyline or Empress or whatever) is
    its name. It ain't chili. Period. It's a speecy-spicy sauce for
    spaghetti, which you then top with beans, cheese and onion.

    My family thinks it's disgusting, but I love it.

    Felice

    Sorry, Felice. I don't care what it really is. I'm with your family. :-)

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  2. Nancy Young said:


    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati Chili
    must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.


    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    --
    modom

  3. On Sat 01 Apr 2006 08:33:47p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it modom?

    Quoted message said:
    Nancy Young said:


    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati Chili
    must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.


    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    Psst, Michael... It's *not* chili. It's spaghetti/bean sauce. :-) It's
    still disgusting!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
    _____________________

  4. modom said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati Chili
    must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.

    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    Chili? I don' see no steenkeen chili...

    No, seriously...

    Pastorio

  5. On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 05:26:46 -0400, "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    modom said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    >The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    >boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati Chili
    must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.

    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    Chili? I don' see no steenkeen chili...

    No, seriously...


    Speaking of which, I'm going to enter the chili cook off here next
    weekend. I tried once before and got slapped down bad. This time I'm
    going for the kill.
    --
    modom

  6. "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    modom said:
    Nancy Young said:

    "Bob Terwilliger" <virtualgoth@die_spammer.biz> wrote

    >The Cincinnati Chili recipe from America's Test Kitchen starts off by
    >boiling ground beef:

    I think that the reaction I get to even thinking about Cincinnati Chili
    must be how modom feels when he reads chili recipes with beans,
    tomatoes and ground beef.

    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    Chili? I don' see no steenkeen chili...

    No, seriously...

    Pastorio

    This is very much like the chili they used to put on chili dogs in a little
    hole-in-the-wall chili dog stand near where I grew up Whether you call it
    chili or pus notwithstanding, at lunch hour there would be lines waiting to
    get one -- and there were plenty of other restaurants around to choose from.
    They were fantastic, unmatched.

    Some of you are goofs who need to try real food occasionally to keep in
    touch with reality. You make judgments based on your delusional thinking
    that says you know everything that needs to be known about food, and if it
    doesn't sound good to you it must be [censored], if it doesn't fit your esoteric
    labels it cannot be food. Get real once in a while, it will actually improve
    your life, honest, and people will stop thinking you are such hypocrites.
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

  7. Quoted message said:

    Some of you are goofs who need to try real food occasionally to keep in


    touch with reality. You make judgments based on your delusional
    thinking
    that says you know everything that needs to be known about food, and if
    it
    doesn't sound good to you it must be [censored], if it doesn't fit your
    esoteric
    labels it cannot be food. Get real once in a while, it will actually
    improve
    your life, honest, and people will stop thinking you are such
    hypocrites.

    ------
    Yeah, but how do you REALLY feel? ;-)

    Right on, Lefty. Beauty is in the tastebuds of the beholder.

  8. Lefty said:


    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    modom wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of thing
    to chili.

    Chili? I don' see no steenkeen chili...

    This is very much like the chili they used to put on chili dogs in a little
    hole-in-the-wall chili dog stand near where I grew up Whether you call it
    chili or pus notwithstanding, at lunch hour there would be lines waiting to
    get one -- and there were plenty of other restaurants around to choose from.
    They were fantastic, unmatched.

    Some of you are goofs who need to try real food occasionally to keep in
    touch with reality. You make judgments based on your delusional thinking
    that says you know everything that needs to be known about food, and if it
    doesn't sound good to you it must be [censored], if it doesn't fit your esoteric
    labels it cannot be food. Get real once in a while, it will actually improve
    your life, honest, and people will stop thinking you are such hypocrites.

    A goof, out of touch with reality, delusional, beholden to esoteric
    labels, a know-it-all, unreal, in need of an improved life, and
    thought by people to be a hypocrite.

    My, oh my. One's opinions about chili imply many personal qualities.
    I was unaware of the gravitas of the exchange I entered into.

    Here's my chili recipe and some more opinions:
    http://tinyurl.com/lbccs

    There's a slight chance that it may reveal other, more endearing
    character traits.
    --
    modom

  9. "modom" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Lefty said:


    "Bob (this one)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    modom wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > It's just plain wrong, you know. You just don't do that sort of


    thing

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > to chili.

    Chili? I don' see no steenkeen chili...

    This is very much like the chili they used to put on chili dogs in a


    little

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    hole-in-the-wall chili dog stand near where I grew up Whether you call


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    chili or pus notwithstanding, at lunch hour there would be lines waiting


    to

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    get one -- and there were plenty of other restaurants around to choose


    from.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    They were fantastic, unmatched.

    Some of you are goofs who need to try real food occasionally to keep in
    touch with reality. You make judgments based on your delusional thinking
    that says you know everything that needs to be known about food, and if


    it

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    doesn't sound good to you it must be [censored], if it doesn't fit your


    esoteric

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    labels it cannot be food. Get real once in a while, it will actually


    improve

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    your life, honest, and people will stop thinking you are such hypocrites.

    A goof, out of touch with reality, delusional, beholden to esoteric
    labels, a know-it-all, unreal, in need of an improved life, and
    thought by people to be a hypocrite.

    My, oh my. One's opinions about chili imply many personal qualities.
    I was unaware of the gravitas of the exchange I entered into.

    Here's my chili recipe and some more opinions:
    http://tinyurl.com/lbccs

    There's a slight chance that it may reveal other, more endearing
    character traits.
    --
    modom

    Thanks for reminding me -- I left out:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The pernicious twits. The fiendish [censored]. The foul, vile,
    repulsive, coprophageous, retromingent, communist, pissant, dumbass
    !*&!%$#^!^$&#*#!!*&!^%!!!!!!

    What it has to do with chili is beyond even me :-)
    --
    Lefty

    Life is for learning
    The worst I ever had was wonderful

  10. Lefty said:


    Thanks for reminding me -- I left out:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The pernicious twits. The fiendish [censored]. The foul, vile,
    repulsive, coprophageous, retromingent, communist, pissant, dumbass
    !*&!%$#^!^$&#*#!!*&!^%!!!!!!

    What it has to do with chili is beyond even me :-)

    Exactly! (Actually it had to do with a recipe for something somebody
    called chili)
    --
    modom

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.