General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Bojangles Buffalo Bites

Started by Roger Zoul · · Last activity · 23 posts · 418 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
25 April 2007
Last activity
7 May 2007
Original author
Roger Zoul
Posts
23
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
418
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–23 of 23
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Roger Zoul said:

    Hollywood wrote:

    :: On Apr 25, 9:49 pm, "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote:::: Jo Anne wrote:

    :::
    ::::: On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:27:34 -0400, "Roger Zoul"::::::: <[email hidden]> wrote:

    :::
    :::::
    :::::: I sometimes buy these. I checked the nutritional info and the
    :::::: claim seems to be that 1 serving has 180 calories, 5 g of fat, 5
    :::::: of carbs, and 27g of protein.
    ::::::
    :::::: My question is what exactly is one serving? Is this what they
    :::::: give you in the little paper cups? I haven't been able to find
    :::::: any statement on what a serving is.
    :::::
    ::::: Roger, I did a bit of a FitDay search on chicken, and here's what
    ::::: I
    ::::: found for "Chicken, breast, with or without bone, roasted, NS as
    ::::: to
    ::::: skin eaten":
    :::::
    ::::: For 3.25 ounces, boneless, cooked
    ::::: Calories: 180
    ::::: Fat: 7.11 g
    ::::: Carbs: 0 g
    ::::: Protein: 27.23 g
    :::::
    ::::: I suspect that they put something a bit carby on these chicken
    ::::: bites
    ::::: to make them taste good. This would increase the carbs and
    ::::: slightly
    ::::: decrease the fat and protein.
    :::::
    ::::: The serving size of 3.25 ounces seems to me to be fairly generous.
    :::::
    ::::: Hope this helps.
    :::::
    ::::: Jo Anne
    :::
    ::: Thank you Jo Anne. I don't know what one order or a serving weighs,
    ::: so I guess I'll figure that out and then I'll know better.
    :::
    ::: The reason I'm concerned about this is that for the last couple of
    ::: days I've been sort of just eating BB & nuts. Adding up the
    ::: calories it came out to only about 800 for two days. Yet, I'm
    ::: barely hungry. Yesterday, I had peanuts for lunch (340 kcals) and
    ::: two orders of BB (360 kcals) for dinner, plus some strawberries
    ::: (about 9 oz - 78 kcals)). I was stuffed after dinner, too. That's
    ::: barely 800 kcals. The day before was like that and today is too.
    :::
    ::: Something seems wrong. Either I have a toomah or they are lying!.
    ::
    :: Weird. They are not in Northern Virginia, or DC, but they are in
    :: Maryland and the rest of VA. Go figure.
    ::
    :: Oh well, until Popeye's brings the blacked chicken strips back.
    :: *sigh*

    I was expecting you to tell me that my lack of hunger might be due to the
    appetite suppression affects of high protein.

    Hrm: Peanuts are what, 5 grams of protein to the ounce? I dunno what
    you had ounce wise and don't want to back it out (leaving in 20
    minutes) + 54 grams from the chicken (assuming two serves is two
    serves). 9 oz of strawberries has maybe 5 grams of protein. No, I
    wouldn't suggest it was high protein. Wouldn't pass my daily minimum
    of 120 grams. Maybe the fat+protein, but still, I think you can eat
    more than that.

    PS- Eat breakfast. It's good for you in a lot of ways.

  2. Gill Murray wrote:
    :: Roger Zoul wrote:
    ::: AnonomissX aka ~Melodie~ wrote:
    ::::: "Roger Zoul" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    ::::: news:[email hidden]...
    :::::: I sometimes buy these. I checked the nutritional info and the
    :::::: claim seems to be that 1 serving has 180 calories, 5 g of fat, 5
    :::::: of carbs, and 27g of protein.
    ::::::
    :::::: My question is what exactly is one serving? Is this what they
    :::::: give you in the little paper cups? I haven't been able to find
    :::::: any statement on what a serving is.
    ::::::
    :::::
    ::::: Hey Rodger, I googled it for you....this site says "One order". I
    ::::: have no Idea about how large "one order" is...I live in Las Vegas,
    ::::: and them thangs are not here, LOL.
    :::::
    :::::
    :::
    http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/bojangles-buffalo-bites-8182.htm
    :::
    ::: Thanks, Melodie. Actually, I did google and I found this....but I
    ::: guess my problem is I still don't believe the numbers. That's based
    ::: partly on the fact that I've been eating about 800 kcals a day over
    ::: the last 3 days, and BBB were a good part of those calories. No
    ::: hunger!
    :::
    :::
    :: I googled too and came up with no definitive answer. I would suspect
    :: an email to the Bojangles folk would tell you how many pieces are in
    :: a serving, or at the least, how much weight is in a serving.
    ::

    I plan to weigh a serving tonight.

  3. According to this, one serving is one order.

    http://www.dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/bojangles-buffalo-bites-8182.htm

    "Carol J" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Never heard of them, what are they, chicken bites? Are they breaded?

    Carol J

    Roger Zoul said:

    I sometimes buy these. I checked the nutritional info and the claim
    seems to be that 1 serving has 180 calories, 5 g of fat, 5 of carbs,
    and 27g of protein.

    My question is what exactly is one serving? Is this what they give
    you in the little paper cups? I haven't been able to find any
    statement on what a serving is.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.