rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

Boston (Uxbridge) Area Muni riders

Started by Alex · · Last activity · 10 posts · 267 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
20 April 2005
Last activity
25 April 2005
Original author
Alex
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
267
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hello,

    I've been riding for about a year and am looking to ride with some other
    people in the area. I saw a thread from the November 04 timeframe regarding
    Boston Muni action. Do you guys still get together?

    Later,

    Alex C.

  2. I am also a Boston area rider. Now that the weather has gotten nice, we
    really need to get the riders together. I live south of Boston by about
    20 miles. There is another rider that lives in the Newton area.

    --
    One on one - Geezer Unicyclists Of America

    "However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
    he/she could black out."
    -Memphis Mud

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  3. I'm also in the Boston area. I think there are actually quite a few of
    us scattered around here.

    The best MUni I know of around here is on the Vietnam trails in Milford.
    It's kind of a haul to get there from my house, but there is a group of
    freeride bikers who do a weekly ride there and I sometimes ride with
    them. They don't go to fast and we stop and play on rocks and drops a
    lot.

    --
    Ben Plotkin-Swing

    www.benps.com

    "Every truly great accomplishment is at first impossible" -Fortune
    cookie.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ben Plotkin-Swing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/378
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  4. Alex <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Hello,

    I've been riding for about a year and am looking to ride with some
    other people in the area. I saw a thread from the November 04
    timeframe regarding Boston Muni action. Do you guys still get
    together?

    Later,

    Alex C.

    Im abt. 5 mins from those trails in Milford. Whats a "freerider"?

    Later,

    Alex C.

  5. I'm not from Boston, but I'll be spending the summer in central NH
    (Laconia area) and it would be cool to ride with some people this
    summer... I'll only be about 2 hours away from Boston (once I get a new
    hub and can ride again 🙁

    --
    evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  6. Hey. I'm from Boston too but you already know me, Alex. All it takes is
    something like a penny in the road to knock me of my uni so I don't
    think I'm ready for any hardcore riding but it's nice to know there are
    some riders in the area.

    As for freeride...

    Definition: Freeride refers to a type of mountain bike riding style.
    Freeride usually involves large drops, jumps, and manmade stunts. The
    trails are often accessed by shuttle or ski lift but can be pedaled as
    well. Freeride bikes usually have large amounts of suspension travel and
    are built to take a beating.

    :-)

    --
    gohfish - who knew one wheel could be so fun
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gohfish's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8241
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  7. I'm in the way-greater Boston area (i.e., Maine). But I am usually in
    Boston a couple times a month, so if you Bostonians organize any muni,
    do share.

    I've been thinking it would be a kick to ride the New Hampshire coast
    b!ke route from Maine to Mass ... with the famously short NH coastline,
    it should come in under 20 miles, very 29erable. Riding a uni "across
    the state" would be good karma. Does this sound interesting to anyone
    else?

    --
    cjd - Pashley apologist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cjd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3965
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  8. Having done 13+ miles in one day on a 24" muni it definitely sounds
    doable... Is there a rideable road down the coast though?

    --
    evil-nick - Unicyclist, Linux Geek, & swell guy

    Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total
    obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and
    through me. And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see
    its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will
    remain.

    * Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.

    I'm late for checkers with the Dalai Lama!

    My gallery:
    http://evil.linuxfreak.ca/uni.html
    Our Club:
    http://cs.ubishops.ca/~buuc/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    evil-nick's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6692
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  9. There is an official coast route for b!cycles, but I believe it's a mix
    of path and road riding. Is there a New Hampshire unicyclist on the
    board familiar with the area?

    --
    cjd - Pashley apologist
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cjd's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3965
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

  10. Alex said:

    Whats a "freerider"?
    [/B]

    Someone who engages in freeriding.. 🙂 Freeriding is a type of
    mountainbiking that is synonmus with drops, jumps and wooden structures
    and pathways.

    --
    DK - Team YAMS Member

    -Hunter-

    we're mostly runts & too high strung
    in nature, mother eats the young
    who are we to breed?; put away your seed
    we can't evolve an iron-lung
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8054
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39751

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.