bracket for light and speedometer too small.

dlakey

Sep 7, 2003
Just yesterday I purchased a brand new Specialized Allez elite bike. Well today I started transferring some of my accessories over from my old bike such as my lights and speedometer.

My speedometer is the Specialized SpeedZone Sport. Well the problem is that the handle bars on this new bike are much larger than my old handle bars and even with taking all the rubber padding out from inside the brackets, the handlebars are too big around to mount the brackets. I know someone else has to have come up against this problem, could you please tell me how you dealt with it.

thanks

Dan

I've run into the exact same problem that you're having. I have an Allez Comp cr-mo with the same oversized handlebar setup. To fit the Allez's handlebars, I have had to equip it with Cat-Eye products which easily fit the oversized tube. I'm not sure if all of their products will work, but both my trip computer and my headlight are Cat-Eye products and they fit easily. The larger diameter tubing on the handlebars is becoming more common, so I'm sure manufacturers will have to start addressing that with their mounting systems.

I'm sure you could come up with a custom solution as well.

Hope this helps.

John Bertram

Originally posted by dlakey
Just yesterday I purchased a brand new Specialized Allez elite bike. Well today I started transferring some of my accessories over from my old bike such as my lights and speedometer.

My speedometer is the Specialized SpeedZone Sport. Well the problem is that the handle bars on this new bike are much larger than my old handle bars and even with taking all the rubber padding out from inside the brackets, the handlebars are too big around to mount the brackets. I know someone else has to have come up against this problem, could you please tell me how you dealt with it.

thanks

Dan