Brake Levers Patent 3403577

Bwana_Mzee

Apr 28, 2005
I have a 23 year old Puch Cavalier (all Steel Racer), [ok stop laughing you in the corner!]. This has an extra brake lever that runs under but parallel to the top of the drop bars, so as one cruises through traffic resting on the top of the handle bars, your fingers can pull on the brakes without having to drop to pull the full handle. Its great.

Anyway cut to the chase! I am in the market for a new bike (a proper one, like Specialized, giant etc) and note that this sort of contraption is not illustrated.

Any ideas if these are still available since I have not seen them in the mags etc.

Bwana Mzee:confused:

I saw brakes similar to those old schoolies on a Giant OCR3(?) I think.

Whatever number it is, its their entry level roadie.

Bwana_Mzee said:
I have a 23 year old Puch Cavalier (all Steel Racer), [ok stop laughing you in the corner!]. This has an extra brake lever that runs under but parallel to the top of the drop bars, so as one cruises through traffic resting on the top of the handle bars, your fingers can pull on the brakes without having to drop to pull the full handle. Its great.

Anyway cut to the chase! I am in the market for a new bike (a proper one, like Specialized, giant etc) and note that this sort of contraption is not illustrated.

Any ideas if these are still available since I have not seen them in the mags etc.

Go to feltracing.com and take a look at the F90 or 91, can't remember which, it's their red entry level bike anyways...but they have those Brake contraptions...

Bwana_Mzee said: