Brand new heavy biker ( my experience so far)

Biker90

Oct 11, 2010
Well hi everyone Izzy from Ny here. I have lost 110 lb in the last 15 mos. And decided to start bicycling I now weigh in at 240lb 5.7 and hoping to reach about 175lb

So I did alot of research and this forum gave me a ton of information (thanks) so armed with all the info I went from shop to shop and at each one I was disappointed either the salesman lied outright thinking that I don't know anything at all or some were trying to push me to buy the more expensive ones, I Finally found 1 place in lower manhattan a place called bicycle habitat and they were doing it right so I bought the trek 7.2fx it was marked $500.00 and when the salesman was checking me out I saw on his screen that this particular bike was a 2009 not a 2011 so I asked if I can get a discount and he knocked $100.00 off so I walked out with the bike for $ 400.00 even.

I rode out of the shop and all the way to midtown where I work ( about 5 miles) after not having ridden in 20 years and loved it, my big behind was hurting from the seat so I went in to walmart and picked up a schwinn gel seat for $25 and now it's perfect. Thanks for all that contribute to this forum.....

Congrats on the new bike, and of course, the weight loss! I also have the Trek 7.2fx and love it! It's a great bike.

Keep peddling.