General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Breakfast was...

Started by Andy · · Last activity · 50 posts · 437 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
13 September 2007
Last activity
15 September 2007
Original author
Andy
Posts
50
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
437
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–50 of 50
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:fccrl5$5jp$1
    @registered.motzarella.org:

    Quoted message said:

    OK, got it.
    Call me what you will,

    Henceforth you shall be known as............... DeeDee :-)

    Not to be confused with Didi mau :-)

  2. "PeterLucas" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:fccrl5$5jp$1
    @registered.motzarella.org:

    Quoted message said:

    OK, got it.
    Call me what you will,

    Henceforth you shall be known as............... DeeDee :-)

    Not to be confused with Didi mau :-)

    Sending me to 'google' again.
    Geez, man, I won't say what I found, but one 'person' in the San Francisco
    area named Didi Mau was "UNCENSORED."
    You are right, I couldn't possibly be consfused with 'that.' I won't even
    link it, it's too pathetic. I hope you don't know about things like this,
    and cook, too.

    http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/OLD-WORDS/1999-04/0925311763
    When my husband came back from VietNam he brought with him a few favorite

    Quoted message said:

    sayings, one of which sounded like "didimou", or 'get the ----out of


    there".

  3. Andy q said:

    Breakfast was...

    A buffalo burger cooked with liberal shakes of Adobo powder, Cholula powder,
    garlic powder and Stubb's Rub on a potato hamburger bun with Monterey Jack
    cheese and a tall glass of OJ and a multi-vitamin.

    Awesomely delicious!

    What is Cholula powder?

    Quoted message said:


    Andy

    --Bryan

  4. "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:


    "PeterLucas" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in news:fccrl5$5jp$1
    @registered.motzarella.org:

    Quoted message said:

    OK, got it.
    Call me what you will,

    Henceforth you shall be known as............... DeeDee :-)

    Not to be confused with Didi mau :-)

    Sending me to 'google' again.
    Geez, man, I won't say what I found, but one 'person' in the San
    Francisco area named Didi Mau was "UNCENSORED."

    OMG!!! You made me go and look!!!!

    Quoted message said:

    You are right, I couldn't possibly be consfused with 'that.' I won't
    even link it, it's too pathetic. I hope you don't know about things
    like this, and cook, too.

    Definitely not!!

    Cook, yes........ the other, no!!

    Quoted message said:

    http://archiver.rootsweb.com/th/read/OLD-WORDS/1999-04/0925311763
    When my husband came back from VietNam he brought with him a few
    favorite

    Quoted message said:

    sayings, one of which sounded like "didimou", or 'get the ----out of


    there".

    That's the didi mau I was talking about!!

    It actually means 'leave quickly' :-)

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,

    PeterLucas said:

    Omelet <[email hidden]> wrote in news:omp_omelet-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    rosie said:

    On Sep 13, 10:22?am, "Nancy Young" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > For a radical change, I had a traditional type breakfast.
    >
    > Eggs, toast, orange juice and BACON, glorious bacon.
    >
    > nancy

    Bacon , crisp, and hot has to be one of the very best things in life!

    Rosie

    I had a very busy morning so bought a breakfast taco at a place near
    work. Generous portion of shredded Barbacoa

    Pork or beef?

    Barbacoa here is always beef.
    Shredded, slow cooked cow face.
    (Beef cheek meat):

    Barbacoa fresh package
    http://i10.tinypic.com/6f0baxv.jpg

    Quoted message said:


    Or chicken, seeing it was breakfast!!

    Quoted message said:

    and cheddar cheese wrapped
    in a fresh made (while I watched!) flour tortilla.

    One was quite enough!

    I think that was what I used to drive 20mins for when I was living in
    Perris Valley.

    They used to have two huge pots filled with shredded meat and sauce. And
    another smaller one with salsa.

    Yep!
    Shredded cow face.
    Yum!

    Quoted message said:


    I used to think they were burritos, and I've never had a decent one like
    it since I left the US :-(

    Depends on what part of the US.
    For the most part, flour tortilla = Burrito.
    Corn tortilla = Taco.

    But not in the south near Mexico.

    Breakfast tacos are made using flour tortillas here.
    Typical ones include any one of the following:

    Eggs
    Refried beans
    Sausage
    Bacon
    Cheese
    Barbacoa
    Carne Guisada
    Potatoes

    Or whatever else you want to add to them, but the above list is what is
    normally offered at most Mexican Taquerias.

    The tortillas MUST be fresh made on the grills for the best ones. ;-d

    I have two places I can get the really good ones conveniently. Right
    near work (two blocks down), and at right at the end of my street about
    1/2 mile down. At both places, I get to watch them making the fresh
    flour tortillas from dough.

    Typical prices are $1.40 to $1.60 each but one is quite enough!

    By the way, your box is in the mail as of yesterday morning. Should be
    there in under 2 weeks. I was not given the Sea Mail option by my post
    office, nor Air Mail. Due to the total weight, I had to use
    International Express. <shrugs> Oh well! :-)
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

  6. On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 00:51:22 +0000 (UTC), PeterLucas <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    POM or Pom may stand for:

    Nope, none of those.

    It's short for 'Pommy [censored]' :-)

    i thought you left out a word.

    your pal,
    blake

  7. Omelet <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    I had a very busy morning so bought a breakfast taco at a place
    near work. Generous portion of shredded Barbacoa

    Pork or beef?

    Barbacoa here is always beef.
    Shredded, slow cooked cow face.
    (Beef cheek meat):

    Barbacoa fresh package
    http://i10.tinypic.com/6f0baxv.jpg

    I take it that was an old photo?

    Check the use by date!!

    Quoted message said:


    By the way, your box is in the mail as of yesterday morning.

    WoooooHooooo!!! :-)

    Looking forward to the genuine Texan steaks that are included ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    Should
    be there in under 2 weeks. I was not given the Sea Mail option by my
    post office, nor Air Mail.

    Is that normal practice?

    Quoted message said:

    Due to the total weight, I had to use
    International Express. <shrugs> Oh well! :-)

    I'll keep my eyes peeled :-)

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,

    PeterLucas said:

    Omelet <[email hidden]> wrote in
    news:[email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > I had a very busy morning so bought a breakfast taco at a place
    > near work. Generous portion of shredded Barbacoa

    Pork or beef?

    Barbacoa here is always beef.
    Shredded, slow cooked cow face.
    (Beef cheek meat):

    Barbacoa fresh package
    http://i10.tinypic.com/6f0baxv.jpg

    I take it that was an old photo?

    Check the use by date!!

    <lol> Yes, it was part of a photo series using it to make tacos:

    http://tinypic.com/4cketd4.jpg

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    By the way, your box is in the mail as of yesterday morning.

    WoooooHooooo!!! :-)

    Looking forward to the genuine Texan steaks that are included ;-)

    Hee! I wish I could...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Should
    be there in under 2 weeks. I was not given the Sea Mail option by my
    post office, nor Air Mail.

    Is that normal practice?

    I'd have used air mail but the package went over their max weight for
    that. There never has been a sea mail option.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Due to the total weight, I had to use
    International Express. <shrugs> Oh well! :-)

    I'll keep my eyes peeled :-)

    Any delays would be Australia customs.
    Hopefully they won't tie it up.

    :-)
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

  9. Omelet <[email hidden]> wrote in news:omp_omelet-
    [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Should
    be there in under 2 weeks. I was not given the Sea Mail option by


    my

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    post office, nor Air Mail.

    Is that normal practice?

    I'd have used air mail but the package went over their max weight for
    that. There never has been a sea mail option.

    Maybe because I live on the coast that I get that option?

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Due to the total weight, I had to use
    International Express. <shrugs> Oh well! :-)

    I'll keep my eyes peeled :-)

    Any delays would be Australia customs.
    Hopefully they won't tie it up.

    :-)

    Oh, *[censored]*!!! It's going to have my name on it.....

    WOOOOOT, WOOOOOOOT.... Red Flag, Red Flag!!!!

    :-)

  10. In article <[email hidden]>,

    PeterLucas said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I'll keep my eyes peeled :-)

    Any delays would be Australia customs.
    Hopefully they won't tie it up.

    :-)

    Oh, *[censored]*!!! It's going to have my name on it.....

    WOOOOOT, WOOOOOOOT.... Red Flag, Red Flag!!!!

    Agh!!!
    --
    Peace, Om

    Remove _ to validate e-mails.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a [censored]" -- Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.