Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Brisbane ride this weekend - anyone?!?!

Started by LotteBum · · Last activity · 16 posts · 1,209 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
25 May 2005
Last activity
26 May 2005
Original author
LotteBum
Posts
16
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,209
Views / 30 days
11
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–16 of 16
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm keen for a ride this weekend. I can't do tomorrow morning, but other than that I'm free anytime.

    I'd even be keen for a mountainbike ride in Daisy Hill if anyone is keen..

    Either that or road - whatever...

    Sidekick (Tam)?? AH?? Nebakke (show us what you're made of)?? Adam85??

  2. I think Tam is mtb-ing in a race at Kooralbyn on the weekend?? I
    figured you'd know all about that, seeing as you have your 'finger on
    the pulse' of the mtb scene.....

    Not sure about this weekend. Will get back to you....

    AH

  3. LotteBum said:


    I'm keen for a ride this weekend. I can't do tomorrow morning, but
    other than that I'm free anytime.

    Tomorrow morning... since when is Friday part of the weekend?!

    Quoted message said:

    I'd even be keen for a mountainbike ride in Daisy Hill if anyone is
    keen..

    That would be awesome...

    Quoted message said:

    Either that or road - whatever...

    Sidekick (Tam)?? AH?? Nebakke (show us what you're made of)?? Adam85??

    I've got the MTB half marathon this weekend at Kooralbyn. I'll be
    heading down lunchtime Saturday, so if you're able Saturday morning, a
    ride would be awesome.

    LotteBum's Sidekick.

  4. Quoted message said:

    Tomorrow morning... since when is Friday part of the weekend?!

    D'oh! Since I started wishing for it... I meant Saturday morning.

    Quoted message said:

    I've got the MTB half marathon this weekend at Kooralbyn. I'll be
    heading down lunchtime Saturday, so if you're able Saturday morning, a
    ride would be awesome.

    Saturday morning is out for me. I am taking my dog to puppy preschool (let's see if he can refrain from trying to maul Rottweilers this time!).

    RIGHT, so it looks like the weekend is out for Tamyka who would rather be punishing herself doing half marathon type stuff. There'd have to be SO much eye candy for me to do that kind of stuff... hey! Wait a minute.....!

  5. Absent Husband said:

    I think Tam is mtb-ing in a race at Kooralbyn on the weekend?? I
    figured you'd know all about that, seeing as you have your 'finger on
    the pulse' of the mtb scene.....

    Me? I don't even have my finger on my own pulse at this point in time. I was keen at the beginning of the year, but that's sort of worn off now. It's like that at the beginning of every year. New Years Resolutions and [censored] like that. What a joke.

    Quoted message said:

    Not sure about this weekend. Will get back to you....

    Checking what your father-in-law has in store for you <tongue firmly in cheek>?

    If I run out of things to do this weekend, I might grab my pom poms and head out to cheer Tam on.

    Gimme a T!!

    Gimme an A!!

    GIMME AN M!!!

    ................

  6. "Checking what your father-in-law has in store for you <tongue firmly
    in
    cheek>? "

    <snip>

    Hey!! Don't knock my stand-by excuse....

    Anyway - my sister-in-law has just got a new boyfriend, so all the
    pressure is off me for a while as the interloper is getting most of my
    f-in-law's attention... Woohoo!! Now I can trash our house with my DIY
    attempts without my f-in-law telling me how HE would have done it
    differently (ie. competently and without injuring himself/others...)

    Plus the interloper is keenly helping out at my f-in-law's trying to
    make a good impression. I thought of telling him of the futility in
    that, but its good sport watching someone else trying to work it out on
    their own... 😉

    Back on topic - I was planning on a 'training ride' on Saturday
    morning, then having a big sleep in after my grandmothers 80th birthday
    party on Sunday morning. But I might change that...

    Cheers,
    AH (what are the other BrisVegans doing???)

  7. HAAA! That's hilarious! It must be nice to finally get a break.

    Quoted message said:

    Back on topic - I was planning on a 'training ride' on Saturday
    morning, then having a big sleep in after my grandmothers 80th birthday
    party on Sunday morning. But I might change that...

    PLEEEEEEEAAASE????

    Quoted message said:

    AH (what are the other BrisVegans doing??)

    Ignoring this thread.

  8. On Thu, 26 May 2005 10:14:19 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    LotteBum said:


    I'm keen for a ride this weekend. I can't do tomorrow morning, but
    other than that I'm free anytime.

    Tomorrow morning... since when is Friday part of the weekend?!

    Why was the arts student [censored] about the Wednesday lecture?
    It buggered up *both* weekends

  9. LotteBum wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    Saturday morning is out for me. I am taking my dog to puppy preschool
    (let's see if he can refrain from trying to maul Rottweilers this
    time!).

    Which preschool is he going to? Puppies are so cute!

    Quoted message said:

    RIGHT, so it looks like the weekend is out for Tamyka who would rather
    be punishing herself doing half marathon type stuff. There'd have to
    be SO much eye candy for me to do that kind of stuff... hey! Wait a
    minute.....!

    The 20-29 and 30-39 Men's categories are pretty full...

    I was thinking that this MTB racing might not be so much fun. I mean, if
    I stack it on a section, I'm better off picking my bike up and running
    with it until I'm past the trouble spot, whereas if I was just out with
    mates, I'd do it again until I got it.

    I suppose I'll find out soon enough!

    Tam

  10. LotteBum wrote:
    <snip>

    Quoted message said:

    If I run out of things to do this weekend, I might grab my pom poms and
    head out to cheer Tam on.

    Gimme a T!!

    Gimme an A!!

    GIMME AN M!!!

    ................

    People would pay money to see you do that.

    Bring your shotty and help me win.

    Tam

  11. LotteBum said:


    Saturday morning is out for me. I am taking my dog to puppy preschool (let's see if he can refrain from trying to maul Rottweilers this time!).

    RIGHT, so it looks like the weekend is out for Tamyka who would rather be punishing herself doing half marathon type stuff. There'd have to be SO much eye candy for me to do that kind of stuff... hey! Wait a minute.....!

    Sorry Lotte,
    Saturday arvo is a road race (open to all btw)...
    hamiltonwheelers.combunya.jpg
    ...that is if the council finish the roadworks in time otherwise it's lakeside. Hopefully I don't get calf cramps like last week, had to pull over, it hurt like buggery. I think my glutes were cramping as well, I couldn't even sit on the seat for a few minutes after I got going again. Finished second last 😠

    Sunday dunno probably training ride.

    Don't forget to maintain your intense training regime for the big race at Nundah next saturday guys!

    Adam

  12. Whatever Adam. I'm going to mow your @ss next Saturday.

    Speaking of which... what's on next Saturday?

  13. Quoted message said:

    Which preschool is he going to? Puppies are so cute!

    The VIP Pet Foods one at Yatala. It's pretty cool. He's adorable and makes pig noises. I only got to spend 5 minutes with him this morning because I was riding, but Paul stayed with him for another hour.

    Quoted message said:

    The 20-29 and 30-39 Men's categories are pretty full...

    I'll be there.

    Quoted message said:

    I was thinking that this MTB racing might not be so much fun. I mean, if
    I stack it on a section, I'm better off picking my bike up and running
    with it until I'm past the trouble spot, whereas if I was just out with
    mates, I'd do it again until I got it.

    Just take it easy in the technical sections and flog yourself stupid on the sections you can. You should do well in a MTB race though - it's a time trial as is a triathlon.

    Good luck out there!

  14. LotteBum said:

    Whatever Adam. I'm going to mow your @ss next Saturday.

    😄 Talk is cheap... let's race!!!

    LotteBum said:

    Speaking of which... what's on next Saturday?


    The official opening of the nundah track, I think maybe Backin2It and AH said they might give it a go.

    Adam

  15. LotteBum said:


    Quoted message said:

    Which preschool is he going to? Puppies are so cute!

    The VIP Pet Foods one at Yatala. It's pretty cool. He's adorable and
    makes pig noises. I only got to spend 5 minutes with him this morning
    because I was riding, but Paul stayed with him for another hour.

    Pig noises? That's sooooo cute!

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    The 20-29 and 30-39 Men's categories are pretty full...

    I'll be there.

    LOL

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I was thinking that this MTB racing might not be so much fun. I mean,


    if

    Quoted message said:

    I stack it on a section, I'm better off picking my bike up and running
    with it until I'm past the trouble spot, whereas if I was just out


    with

    Quoted message said:

    mates, I'd do it again until I got it.

    Just take it easy in the technical sections and flog yourself stupid on
    the sections you can. You should do well in a MTB race though - it's a
    time trial as is a triathlon.

    Looks like a race plan for me!

    Quoted message said:

    Good luck out there!

    Thanks heaps dude,

    cya

    Tam

  16. "adam85" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    LotteBum said:

    Whatever Adam. I'm going to mow your @ss next Saturday. 😄 Talk is
    cheap... let's race!!!

    LotteBum said:

    Speaking of which... what's on next Saturday?


    The official opening of the nundah track, I think maybe Backin2It and
    AH said they might give it a go.

    Adam

    I'm pretty sure I'll be a starter for next Saturday, will confirm next week.

    I'm sorry I can't make it this weekend because I'm moving house, and I've
    been procrastinating about packing for the past five weeks, so I have a lot
    of work to do 🙁
    Also, it would not be wise of me to "duck out" for a quick three hour ride
    (round trip from my place) if I want to remain married 🙂. A ride this
    weekend could also interfere with the little training I've been doing for
    next weekends crit at Nundah.

    Quoted message said:

    --
    adam85

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.