rec.sport.unicycling Β· Public discussion

British Muni Weekend. Whos going?

Started by amanda.gallacher Β· Β· Last activity Β· 63 posts Β· 2,230 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
29 May 2005
Last activity
11 June 2005
Original author
amanda.gallacher
Posts
63
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,230
Views / 30 days
22
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–20 of 63
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. well, as the title says, who is going? and is the it any good? i've
    never been to one before?

    amandaπŸ˜‰

    --
    amanda.gallacher - skilled
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  2. I'm going, and yes they are great fun, my first muni weekend was last
    year and it was great to be with people who didn't consider my hobby
    strange.

    --
    MattPH - Muni Hungry

    You do WHAT on it?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MattPH's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8467
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  3. British what weekend now?! When? Nobody tells me anything...

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  4. On a more serious note...

    I've had a few emails asking whether there's an age limit for the
    weekend. To (hopefully) clear up any confusion:

    There's no age limit for the muni weekend - BUT - remember that unlike a
    unimeet or convention there are no organisers to look after you; you
    must be able to look after yourselves for the entire weekend, from
    camping and eating to what to do if anything should go wrong.

    The muni weekend is more like going camping with friends than a
    convention, so if you cannot go camping on your own you *must* drag
    along a parent or other person who will be responsible for you. There
    will be other people there who can lend a hand but in the end everything
    is at your own risk.

    Reminder: 'Quantocks BMW web page'
    (http://www.flippet.org/quantocks-bmw/)

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  5. <bump>

    Just to get this to the top of the page where all UK MUni-ers can see
    it, get yourself along, you know you want to!!

    As mentioned on the other thread, we are going to have some disposable
    BBQs to do dinner for the saturday night [weather permitting of
    course!!] so bring along sausages, burgers, veggie food, whatever you
    want and I'm sure we'll find a place to chuck it on for you!! This is of
    course, for those who know me, if you trust my cooking πŸ˜‰

    Adam

    --
    gayno - Hi Everybody!

    lickhill_racer (at) hotmail (dot) com - feel free to add me!

    All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

    The one AND only Gayno - right here and in full, with the cattleprod on
    charge ;-)

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/lickhillracer/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gayno's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6400
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  6. I'm going, but I can only make the Saturday. What time are you meeting
    in Holford Phil?

    --
    rob.northcott - OK as long as it's not too windy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  7. I'll be there, hopefully, although I'm still achey from a lap of Cwmcarn
    on Sunday (in the slow group 😎 )

    --
    nickjb - I've lost a wheel (apparently)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nickjb's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1074
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  8. rob.northcott said:

    *I'm going, but I can only make the Saturday. What time are you
    meeting in Holford Phil? *

    Probably around 10-ish I should think. There's a very good tea'n'cake
    room in Holford, so if anyone is late it's hardly a catastrophe... πŸ™‚
    Drop someone a line if you end up being earlier or later.

    Cwmcarn? Funky. I still haven't muni-ed that, just on two wheels earlier
    this year. With reeeeeaaally powerful binoculars you might have been
    able to see me on Sunday; I was just over the Bristol Channel riding
    from sea level to the top of the highest point in Somerset, Dunkery
    Beacon on Exmoor. Cor blimey was it steep...

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  9. Thanks Phil. I should be able to make it for 10 no problem.

    Rob

    --
    rob.northcott - OK as long as it's not too windy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  10. does anyone know if any kids are going. me and matt bennett are camping.
    alick, manj, butty and possibly gary, matt mcarthur and bishop are
    coming on the saturday, going home and coming back on the sunday. has
    there been any kids in the past?πŸ˜•

    amandaπŸ˜‰

    --
    amanda.gallacher - skilled
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    amanda.gallacher's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10009
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  11. amanda.gallacher said:

    *does anyone know if any kids are going.
    *

    My kids are definitely staying at home. The youngest rider I remember
    was probably aged around 10 (this was a couple of years back), his dad
    is also a rider. He struggled on Snowdon and they turned back relatively
    early.

    Last year there were some mid-teens, I am not sure how many because I
    joined the longer route on the first day of which Phil was probably the
    youngest! Again on the Sunday the group I rode in had no teenagers as we
    did a long ride.

    Keith

    --
    keg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    keg's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/212
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  12. What time is everyone planning to arrive on Friday night, and which pub
    are we meeting up in? (I'm assuming we're meeting in a pub, sounds about
    right). Will there be parking at the campsite and is the pub a uniiable
    distance away?

    Phil, could you could PM me some contact details to help with In-Pub
    recognition? I haven't met any of you before so I might end up wandering
    round the pub asking everyone "Excuse me, BMW?" and get some funny
    looks.

    Thanks lads.

    Loose.

    --
    Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

    Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  13. I think people will be accumulating throughout the day; Adam and I are
    planning to get there early afternoon for a bit of a bike (eeeeeek!)
    reccy around the place, with most people arriving at some point in the
    evening.

    Part of our reconnaissance mission will be to find which pub is the
    nicest. There appear to be two, the same distance from the campsite but
    in opposite directions. I've heard good things about the one in Holford,
    so there is the most likely candidate. They are both a rideable
    distance, which is handy as this is generally the chosen mode of
    transport. There is plenty of room for cars at the campsite.

    I'll have my phone on me, so give me a ring when you get there; my
    number is 07813 443394. If you end up wandering round a pub you'll
    probably be able to see lots of helmets and helmet-hair... πŸ™‚

    It'll be great to meet you!

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  14. ......or if you look at both our sigs......look out for the cattleprods
    πŸ˜‰

    --
    gayno - Hi Everybody!

    lickhill_racer (at) hotmail (dot) com - feel free to add me!

    All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

    The one AND only Gayno - right here and in full, with the cattleprod on
    charge ;-)

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/lickhillracer/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gayno's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6400
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  15. edit: pesky Submit-button double-clicked-ness (if only the 'delete
    post' feature would work)

    --
    redwelly - on top of the world
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  16. Wee... muni weekend!!

    OK, now that excitement has calmed a little...

    Rob: I PMed you about your previous offer of a lift from Bristol... is
    that still there?

    I'm coming down on Saturday and staying to Sunday, from Bath. If anyone
    is driving down past Bristol or Taunton etc it would be great to have a
    lift - riding 50 odd miles on a muni with luggage isn't the most fun
    thing in the world... πŸ™‚

    See you guys soon πŸ™‚

    P.S. Don't tell phil, but I've been riding in Nant-yr-Arian this week
    already, and plan to do it again on Friday πŸ˜„

    --
    redwelly - on top of the world
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    redwelly's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4518
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  17. redwelly said:

    *Rob: I PMed you about your previous offer of a lift from Bristol...
    is that still there?*

    Shouldn't be a problem - email sent.

    --
    rob.northcott - OK as long as it's not too windy
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    rob.northcott's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7436
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  18. redwelly said:

    *P.S. Don't tell phil, but I've been riding in Nant-yr-Arian this week
    already, and plan to do it again on Friday πŸ˜„ *

    .....I think you just did πŸ˜‰

    And LooseMoose.....Phil will, more than likely, be wearing his legoman
    T-Shirt. You can't miss it, no other fool would wear a legoman on a
    t-shirt πŸ˜‰

    --
    gayno - Hi Everybody!

    lickhill_racer (at) hotmail (dot) com - feel free to add me!

    All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons.

    The one AND only Gayno - right here and in full, with the cattleprod on
    charge ;-)

    http://spaces.msn.com/members/lickhillracer/
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    gayno's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6400
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  19. 😠 😠 😠
    if only i wasn't busy revising!

    --
    alexmay - what a wag

    the other one's a stabiliser, mate
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    alexmay's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9914
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

  20. redwelly said:

    *P.S. Don't tell phil, but I've been riding in Nant-yr-Arian this week
    already, and plan to do it again on Friday πŸ˜„ *

    Now that's just mean, you heartless person! Even with the
    dead-easy-but-not-particularly-interesting climb half way round
    Nant-yr-Arian could well be the most fun 10 miles in the entire
    universe, ever.

    Remind me to push you in a muddy puddle at the weekend... :p

    Adam, I believe you meant to say "No other fool has enough class, style
    and sophistication to wear a legoman on a t-shirt".

    Phil

    --
    phil - ex-studenty type

    Good, bad... I'm the guy with the Cattle Prod.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    phil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/915
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/40785

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users Β· 0 guests Β·0 bots Β·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.