"Skinny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:Nicky said:"Skinny" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
news:[email hidden]...
Quoted message said:I suppose it makes a difference whether the hummus is made from dry
garbanzo/chickpea flour, or from fresh garbanzo/chickpeas, or from
boiling
Quoted message said:Quoted message said:whole dried garbanzo/chickpeas and then draining and crushing them, etc
etc?
I didn't know flour was an option here - I've always made it from dry
chickpeas.
Trade recipies? I'd like to know how to do that, as I expect the dry peas
would keep longer than the flour, which I don't use fast enough.
Quoted message said:Do you have a recipe using flour?
I have a bag of Bob's Red Mill garbanzo bean flour and it has a recipie on
the back.
I looked at Bob's Red Mill site and foudn this also, for using chana dal
(whole):
http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipe/detail.php?rid=911
Probably his recipie using garbanzo flour is at his site somewhere.
Yes, found it! A search on hummus brought up the flour recipe. His bean
recipe is pretty close to mine - except I find the beans always take longer
than 1 hour to cook, I don't add sweetener, and I like a couple of
tablespoons of tahini in it.
It's just struck me that I haven't made this since I went low-carb, so it
might be no good for me, too - OTOH, it's one of hubby's favourites, so
maybe I ought to try it for him : )
Thanks,
Nicky.