brrrr.......

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Very true....... In my defence the picture is definately an out of character one. Since I teach
> rock climbing I understand the issues on safety. Your comment would be even more justified by the
> way...since UK health care is paid for solely by taxation.
>
> Apologies if it offended, just the only picture I had on here.

Here in the states we take helmets/brain damage and taxpayer money very serious due to the fact that
every tax dollar that's used for medical care of someone who was involved in an accident is a dollar
that could be used to support some deadbeat white trash welfare recipient.

Pete Fagerlin wrote:

> "penny s" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> |
> | "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | news:[email protected]...
> | > give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little
> | > snow here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at
> | > present for
> | > decent pic.
> | >
> | > And yes i know I should have had my helmet on, bad example and all, but
> | hey
> | > its my head, my choice , my right!
> |
> | If you were in the states, I'd say...NOT your right as taxpayer dollars
> end
> | up paying to support your brain damaged head when your health insurance
> runs
> | out, if you had any to begin with.
>
> So using that "logic" people should be required to wear the appropropriate helmets when driving,
> when walking, when showering, etc.
>
> People should also not be allowed to eat fatty foods, drink alcohol, etc.
>
> It's not as simplistic as you would like it to be.

Not to mention stairs, everyone should think of their social responsiblity and wear DH body armor at
all times.

--
D_D

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 05:47:44 -0500, ClydesdaleMTB <[email protected]> wrote:

>Martees wrote:
>> "Slacker"wrote
>>>"ClydesdaleMTB" wrote
>>>Very nice!!!! Good to see someone with some balls even if you have a
> >>small penis.
>
>>Dying to ask how you know..... but I won't.
>
>His mother told him.

Ouch!

:-]

On Sun, 01 Dec 2002 03:56:18 GMT, Pete Fagerlin <[email protected]> wrote:

> People should also not be allowed to eat fatty foods, drink alcohol, etc.

Oh now you're just talking CRAZY! :)

--
Gman

"BigfootDenny" <denhall*NOSPAM*@ismi.net> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Anybody out there wearing a ski helmet for riding when conditions get real cold?... Wondering if
> that might be better than the Giro as temps drop... -BigfootDenny

I wear a Giro Ravine helmet for skiing and considered using it for very cold temps riding. I would
think it would work very well. Keeps my head toasty and with good ventilation too. It might look a
little weird, but hey a person riding a bike in sub zero C weather isn't?

Mike

BigfootDenny wrote:
> Only cold spot is tips of index fingers...gonna have to rethink better windblocking gloves... any
> suggestions?

some really goos suggestions here: http://www.enteract.com/~icebike/Clothing/handprotection.htm

I use and highly endorse Specialized 02 Sub Zero Gloves

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProduct.jsp?section=12762&browselevel=gloves&JServSessionIdroot=yu9-
qfrcyb2.j27002

IMO, they are better than the 03 as they have a more flared gauntlet to facilitate easy donning and
removal. the also have patches of highly reflective material on the first two fingers.... uite
bright stuff to help be seen at night. notice the brightness of the fingers from the flash of the
photographers camera:

http://images.ofoto.com/photos286/6/98/22/29/48/0/48292298603_0_ALB.jpg

The 03's are nice in that the are a seperate shell and liner, so if you dont mind tugging them on
and off they may be a better glove for you

> Anybody out there wearing a ski helmet for riding when conditions get real cold?... Wondering if
> that might be better than the Giro as temps drop...

Skateboard helmet... "just enough" vetilation for all but the coldest days.

On Sun, 1 Dec 2002 16:31:23 -0500, BigfootDenny <denhall*NOSPAM*@ismi.net> wrote:
> > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>
>> Singlespeeding in the snow, it just doesn't get any better.*
>>
>> --
>> John G. ( Except a post ride barley soda and some cuddlin' with the wife. )
>>
> Hoo-yeah !! Just came in from a chilly ride --- 24degrees, but much colder factoring in the stiff
> wind outta the west....

<snip>

Well, I got in a couple of nice hammer sessions this weekend. Felt good, really good. Man is it ever
fun to carve it up on the lean, mean SS!

Despite December on the calendar, the weather is saying May or September. It's been 50+ in the
afternoon. The El Nino oven/dehumidifier appears to be kicking in.

Dirt's up dude!
--
Gman

"D_D" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Not to mention stairs, everyone should think of their social responsiblity and wear DH body armor
> at all times.
>
> --
> D_D

Duuuude, I always wear full DH body armor when riding down stairs!

Darth - Socially responsible, ok maybe not acceptable but responsible!

The snow was here on Wednesday and gone on Saturday. All due to warm temps and some rain on Friday
into Saturday. I did get some play time on Wednesday in the snow. Winter isn't over yet its only
just begun. So get out and have fun.

MTB 2002

[email protected] wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >Get ready to be accused of being a smelly greasy-haired scumbag and don't even think of getting
> >good service in a restaurant in Utah.
>
> >JD
>
> So people really do see you for who you are!

If by by "people" you mean mindless e-tarded drones on the internet or zombie LDSers, you're right.

JD

Michael Dart wrote:
> "JD" wrote:
>>zombie LDSers> dyslexic acid heads?

Not since 1986

"Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> give me some snow to ride and jump in and I too would have a smile like that. Very little snow
> here in uk unfortunately. http://www.tau-designs.co.uk/wightmax.jpg nearest i got at present for a
> decent pic.
>
> And yes i know I should have had my helmet on, bad example and all, but hey its my head, my choice
> , my right!
>
> Simon
>
> "ClydesdaleMTB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > http://images.ofoto.com/photos286/6/98/22/29/48/0/48292298603_0_ALB.jpg

i wasn't sure if that furry looking thing on top of your head was a helmet or an attacking,
scalp-munching otter. ?s

Jonathan Harris wrote:
> ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
>> We got a few inches last night here as well....
> Bet your wife was smiling this morning!

Walked right into that one!

news:<[email protected]>...
> JD <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Welcome to the AM-B ponytail wearers club. Get ready to be accused of being a smelly
> > greasy-haired scumbag
>
> Awe man, the truth hurts that much does it?

Fookin-A!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, "Jock Duff". Now that **** is FUNNY!

> Shaun aRe still got his ponytail - in a plastic bag.

And still smoking it daily, I see.

JD

> Jonathan Harris wrote:
> > ClydesdaleMTB wrote:
> >> We got a few inches last night here as well....
> > Bet your wife was smiling this morning!
>
> Walked right into that one!

She made it easy for you, eh?