Bruce lee like speed

Speedboy

Nov 9, 2017
Bruce Lee Like SPEED

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz29aKvaSog

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWbc0h-Knrw

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe424VQo3F8

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJbYHzO0Fs8

All that speed shown in those videos is BS! did you by chance notice the complete lack of power in all those "strikes"? What's weird is almost anyone can make their hands move that fast if power is not involved, it's a lot more uncommon to have that kind of speed with knockout power because it involves using more of the body to leverage the punch and concentration to punch past the intended target. All of those guys (I think they were the same guy) were either shadow boxing or punching at something and pulling their punches before striking the object. And the one film that shows him kicking was actually pretty slow but again with no power. Not only that lack of power being the big issue but his hands the way there displayed were very loose and open, just flopping about, there would be no way those hands like that would cause any damage.

Having trained in various martial arts for about 45 years I came against people with fast hands but with no power they couldn't hurt me, but they thought they were bad arsses. If I was in the video with the water bottle I could have punched that bottle at the same speed the guy in the film was except that bottle would have gone flying off it's holder, and depending on how readily the bottle comes out of the holder the holder too could have gone flying.

Don't get impressed with such nonsense, throw that dude into a ring with a lower ranked semi pro MMA female(!), yes I said female, and yes I said a non pro, in the same weight catagory and she'll destroy him within 10 seconds. Heck throw that young dude into a ring with me, and I'm 63 years old with lower back fusion and bad shoulders, and I'll destroy him in seconds!!! It may take me a bit longer then the MMA female but from watching the films I know I'll win. After all the years of martial arts I took I can spot all sorts of things in videos from martial arts to boxing, I can tell those who've got it and those that don't, that guy doesn't have it all. If that guy has been paying to take classes, he should go and get his money back!!!

All that speed shown in those videos is BS! did you by chance notice the complete lack of power in all those "strikes"? What's weird is almost anyone can make their hands move that fast if power is not involved, it's a lot more uncommon to have that kind of speed with knockout power because it involves using more of the body to leverage the punch and concentration to punch past the intended target. All of those guys (I think they were the same guy) were either shadow boxing or punching at something and pulling their punches before striking the object. And the one film that shows him kicking was actually pretty slow but again with no power. Not only that lack of power being the big issue but his hands the way there displayed were very loose and open, just flopping about, there would be no way those hands like that would cause any damage.

Having trained in various martial arts for about 45 years I came against people with fast hands but with no power they couldn't hurt me, but they thought they were bad arsses. If I was in the video with the water bottle I could have punched that bottle at the same speed the guy in the film was except that bottle would have gone flying off it's holder, and depending on how readily the bottle comes out of the holder the holder too could have gone flying.

Don't get impressed with such nonsense, throw that dude into a ring with a lower ranked semi pro MMA female(!), yes I said female, and yes I said a non pro, in the same weight catagory and she'll destroy him within 10 seconds. Heck throw that young dude into a ring with me, and I'm 63 years old with lower back fusion and bad shoulders, and I'll destroy him in seconds!!! It may take me a bit longer then the MMA female but from watching the films I know I'll win. After all the years of martial arts I took I can spot all sorts of things in videos from martial arts to boxing, I can tell those who've got it and those that don't, that guy doesn't have it all. If that guy has been paying to take classes, he should go and get his money back!!!

So You find the no power in my strikes,you can not realize power until you get hit by those strikes.
Punches in my video are like 50 milliseconds or some are even faster may be like 40 ms(I am throwing it from distance of approx 2 feet) that I checked frame by frame in WMP Classics.
Let me tell you even for a very trained martial artist moving your limbs that fast is very hard.
for quote "anyone can make their hands move that fast if power is not involved",I know since you are old so Please share any video with such faster hand speed.

So You find the no power in my strikes,you can not realize power until you get hit by those strikes.
Punches in my video are like 50 milliseconds or some are even faster may be like 40 ms(I am throwing it from distance of approx 2 feet) that I checked frame by frame in WMP Classics.
Let me tell you even for a very trained martial artist moving your limbs that fast is very hard.
for quote "anyone can make their hands move that fast if power is not involved",I know since you are old so Please share any video with such faster hand speed.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but anyone who has studied boxing or martial arts can tell by watching those videos that you have no power in those punches, I don't care how you spin your tale. In order to get power behind any blow you have to have your body into it.

Speed is not power, power is acceleration times mass, thus you must have weight behind that speed, you have none, it is impossible to deliver a fast punch and make it hit hard without some body weight behind it, this is why you couldn't move the water bottle, there was no power to move it.

You talk about Bruce Lee, but you know nothing about him, even Bruce Lee with his famous one inch strike said that in order to pull that off he had to move his entire body one inch because that would deliver more power than moving your arm or your foot only, his focus was to move his entire body at the same time...you have failed that miserably. If you have ever watched Bruce Lee's one inch strike you would notice that the practice dummy, fine the test subject, would be powered backwards from that strike, you can't do that with what you showed, in fact you can't even come close because you never brought your body into it which is why the bottle barely moved. You also have to bring your legs into the punch because the legs are the strongest muscle groups and will help generate the most amount of power, you never brought your legs into action. Also your arms were fully stretched out, once that happens you lost a lot of power. Using angles helps to develop more power as well, but in circumstance trying to demonstrate what you were doing the angle thing isn't necessary except in a match with an opponent. Had Bruce Lee hit that same bottle you were playing with he would have knocked it clear across a room...you can't even budge it! rewatch Bruce Lee's videos, they're on You Tube.

You need to do a lot more study with a different teacher if you think you have power and are really good because your current teacher has failed you miserably.

I'm not going to respond any further to you on this because you have the attitude that you know more than anyone else, and friend, that attitude won't get you far either in life or your current martial art abilities which is glaringly lacking. I hope that you wake up and reanalyze what your doing and change it...and change your teacher because he's ripping you off financially and skill wise.

Good luck.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you, but anyone who has studied boxing or martial arts can tell by watching those videos that you have no power in those punches, I don't care how you spin your tale. In order to get power behind any blow you have to have your body into it.

Speed is not power, power is acceleration times mass, thus you must have weight behind that speed, you have none, it is impossible to deliver a fast punch and make it hit hard without some body weight behind it, this is why you couldn't move the water bottle, there was no power to move it.

You talk about Bruce Lee, but you know nothing about him, even Bruce Lee with his famous one inch strike said that in order to pull that off he had to move his entire body one inch because that would deliver more power than moving your arm or your foot only, his focus was to move his entire body at the same time...you have failed that miserably. If you have ever watched Bruce Lee's one inch strike you would notice that the practice dummy, fine the test subject, would be powered backwards from that strike, you can't do that with what you showed, in fact you can't even come close because you never brought your body into it which is why the bottle barely moved. You also have to bring your legs into the punch because the legs are the strongest muscle groups and will help generate the most amount of power, you never brought your legs into action. Also your arms were fully stretched out, once that happens you lost a lot of power. Using angles helps to develop more power as well, but in circumstance trying to demonstrate what you were doing the angle thing isn't necessary except in a match with an opponent. Had Bruce Lee hit that same bottle you were playing with he would have knocked it clear across a room...you can't even budge it! rewatch Bruce Lee's videos, they're on You Tube.

You need to do a lot more study with a different teacher if you think you have power and are really good because your current teacher has failed you miserably.

I'm not going to respond any further to you on this because you have the attitude that you know more than anyone else, and friend, that attitude won't get you far either in life or your current martial art abilities which is glaringly lacking. I hope that you wake up and reanalyze what your doing and change it...and change your teacher because he's ripping you off financially and skill wise.

Good luck.

Man did you read my water bottle punch video description first see it

it that "Yes it may lacks power but it intended to increase hand speed
its a pretty good exercise to to increase hand speed.
Just Snap it!"
Got it, In that video I am just trying to snap my punch as fast as possible"I intentionally just touching the bottle"

And for whatever you are saying that if you punched that bottle ....

Thousands times I punched that bottle many times it just get broken or left out of the holder (as it bottle+holder appox 25 liters water)
if you not believe me I can show you a video proof with such fast speed and what you are not getting "the power".

Man you need to watch Sifu Bruce Lee Videos,do not worry I just tell you did notice when he throws his one-inch punch see his hips movement at the time of punching he taking power from the ground there is difference between using your whole body in strike or few muscle groups.

Sometime to generate power in punches all you need is ground power that you take from your hips movements.

So there is a lit difference in speed and power that Great Bruce Lee Demonstrating like his fast eye jab , fast groin kick but if you compare it with his famous sidekick with power then sidekick wins but In speed eye jab groin kick.

Sometimes Bruce Lee uses his feints that are very fast moves did you ever notice Bruce Lee fake jab before his famous side kick in Enter the Dragon he uses many like that, So that was I am trying to say In my bottle video What
I am doing can give very good advantages of such fake moves you can try it, It is easy to hit bottle but difficult to deliver a fast touchy snap! After that you may use a fast groin kick etc.

Do you know the famous video on Youtube where Bruce Lee punching victor moore (
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRP_fph1NJI)Just
open that video it Windows Media Player Classics see it frame by frame in milliseconds you will find it the first punch is like 85ms punch the fastest And now watch my video
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz29aKvaSog
The Second punch is below 100 ms I know it is not powerful as Bruce Lee was but even few can go at that SPEED.

I will stop it here since if I go on tell about Bruce Lee .... you what I mean.
So there is a difference between speed training and power training.
Go read Bruce Lee Fighting Methods Book then you get it.

Hope You Get It And do not forget to read description before criticizing anybody.

see its full description

Yes it may lacks power but it intended to increase hand speed its a pretty good exercise to to increase hand speed. Just Snap it! You may find that bottle even not moving with my punch it is because I am intentionally making a touchy snap. It really hard to throw such fast touchy snaps in comparision with a snap that takes off bottle. You can try this It can really improve your Hand SPEED Punches in Videos are Like around 50-70 ms few are below that like 40 ms

I was the local boxing champ in my age category in Oakland where that meant something. I NEVER used a speed bag because all that is meant for is to be able to block another's punch. I got taken in by the oriental fighting and studied judo and jujitsu. There is some value in judo which teaches you how to use your body weight and balance.

When I was going to go to Vietnam I survival skills under Joe Router. Basically he said to throw out all of that oriental fighting ****. And he was a black belt in several skills.

I've been in several fights when there was no other way out and I've won every one of them. Because I used plain old fashion American boxing skills. While you're moving your hands around like that someone would break your jaw. And that's not a guess because I did it.