General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Brunch Day! Melba Does Manhattan - Day Four

Started by Margaret Suran · · Last activity · 11 posts · 555 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 December 2003
Last activity
17 December 2003
Original author
Margaret Suran
Posts
11
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
555
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–11 of 11
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Progress is being made. The celery has been deveined (not my term). The rare roast beast slices are
    arranged on the platters. The hoity toity ham is arranged on the platters. The cream cheese
    coffeecakes that I baked Tuesday night and schlepped on Wednesday for Margaret's freezer are on
    lovely glass plates. The cheese board is arranged. The strudels (apple and cherry from Margaret's
    neighbor Laura) are arranged on the sideboard. The olives are placed. The grissini sticks are
    settled in a tumbler for easy service. The cheese sticks are on a small plate. The lox is arranged
    on its platters. The sausages are about to meet the knife. The party starts in two hours.

    Sheryl has called and is snowed in. Terry arrived after 10 hours from OC to NYC -- via Buffalo for a
    refueling stop, and what she referred to as a gypsy cab. Her term, not mine.

    It's a pity there's not much food. It's 9:58 a.m. and Margaret has finished last evening's wine.
    Tsk, tsk. Poor dear. "-)

    The TaB is nearly gone, but The Blood Mary Meister is en route.

    Sam was two yesterday and potty training began on Wednesday. M&Ms are powerful motivators.

    It's good to be me. It sucks to be you. -Barb from Margaret's account

  2. On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:02:44 -0500, Margaret Suran <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Progress is being made. The celery has been deveined (not my term). The rare roast beast slices are
    arranged on the platters. The hoity toity ham is arranged on the platters. The cream cheese
    coffeecakes that I baked Tuesday night and schlepped on Wednesday for Margaret's freezer are on
    lovely glass plates. The cheese board is arranged. The strudels (apple and cherry from Margaret's
    neighbor Laura) are arranged on the sideboard. The olives are placed. The grissini sticks are
    settled in a tumbler for easy service. The cheese sticks are on a small plate. The lox is arranged
    on its platters. The sausages are about to meet the knife. The party starts in two hours.

    Sheryl has called and is snowed in. Terry arrived after 10 hours from OC to NYC -- via Buffalo for
    a refueling stop, and what she referred to as a gypsy cab. Her term, not mine.

    It's a pity there's not much food. It's 9:58 a.m. and Margaret has finished last evening's wine.
    Tsk, tsk. Poor dear. "-)

    The TaB is nearly gone, but The Blood Mary Meister is en route.

    Sam was two yesterday and potty training began on Wednesday. M&Ms are powerful motivators.

    It's good to be me. It sucks to be you. -Barb from Margaret's account

    We're hitting the road at10:30. We'll either be rudely early or fashionably late.

    Boron

  3. On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:02:44 -0500, Margaret Suran <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Progress is being made. The celery has been deveined (not my term). The rare roast beast slices are
    arranged on the platters. The hoity toity ham is arranged on the platters. The cream cheese
    coffeecakes that I baked Tuesday night and schlepped on Wednesday for Margaret's freezer are on
    lovely glass plates. The cheese board is arranged. The strudels (apple and cherry from Margaret's
    neighbor Laura) are arranged on the sideboard. The olives are placed. The grissini sticks are
    settled in a tumbler for easy service. The cheese sticks are on a small plate. The lox is arranged
    on its platters. The sausages are about to meet the knife. The party starts in two hours.

    Sheryl has called and is snowed in. Terry arrived after 10 hours from OC to NYC -- via Buffalo for
    a refueling stop, and what she referred to as a gypsy cab. Her term, not mine.

    It's a pity there's not much food. It's 9:58 a.m. and Margaret has finished last evening's wine.
    Tsk, tsk. Poor dear. "-)

    The TaB is nearly gone, but The Blood Mary Meister is en route.

    Sam was two yesterday and potty training began on Wednesday. M&Ms are powerful motivators.

    It's good to be me. It sucks to be you. -Barb from Margaret's account

    I'll have to agree with you on that.

    I'm still watching the weather and it ain't lookin' good.

    If conditions would stay like as they are now, I'd go. This is nothing. But I keep hearing "blizzard
    warning," "white out conditions," etc. which might impact on getting home later. The subway is no
    problem of course; it's getting to and from the stations that's the issue. Damn :<

    Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

  4. Margaret Suran said:

    The celery has been deveined (not my term).

    It's good to be me. It sucks to be you. -Barb from Margaret's account

    Barb, wouldn't that be *de-stringed"... when was yours last de-stringed... I mean your celery. I
    know I'm gonna be in big trouble for that. <G>

    ---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon
    ```````````` "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

  5. Curly Sue said:


    On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 10:02:44 -0500, Margaret Suran <[email hidden]> wrote:

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's good to be me. It sucks to be you. -Barb from Margaret's account

    I'll have to agree with you on that.

    I'm still watching the weather and it ain't lookin' good.

    If conditions would stay like as they are now, I'd go. This is nothing. But I keep hearing
    "blizzard warning," "white out conditions," etc. which might impact on getting home later. The
    subway is no problem of course; it's getting to and from the stations that's the issue. Damn :<

    Sue(tm)

    Can you say Sleepover? Margaret has Guest Toothbrushes. She sanitizes them in red wine
    between guests.

    Rodney is coming. Terry is in town. Haven't heard from Jack today.

  6. in article [email hidden], Curly Sue at
    [email hidden] wrote on 12/6/03 10:18 AM:

    Quoted message said:

    If conditions would stay like as they are now, I'd go. This is nothing. But I keep hearing
    "blizzard warning," "white out conditions," etc. which might impact on getting home later. The
    subway is no problem of course; it's getting to and from the stations that's the issue. Damn :<

    that's the problem that I had, Sue. The train is easy, but getting there..augh.

    And there is always the possibility that high winds could knock down the overhead wires the trains
    get their power from.

    Make some cocoa. I'm planning to call Margaret's later and phone in my participation!

    Sheryl

  7. "Curly Sue" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    I'm still watching the weather and it ain't lookin' good.

    If conditions would stay like as they are now, I'd go. This is nothing.

    Nothing! I've been watching the weather film of NYC and it looks amazingly horrific! I can't imagine
    living in such weather let along trying to get around in it!

    Quoted message said:

    But I keep hearing "blizzard warning," "white out conditions," etc. which might impact on getting
    home later. The subway is no problem of course; it's getting to and from the stations that's the
    issue. Damn :<

    Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    I hope all travellers take due care!

    Charlie in Sunny San Diego

  8. Charles Gifford said:


    "Curly Sue" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:3fd1f154.5924827@news-
    server.nyc.rr.com...

    Quoted message said:


    I'm still watching the weather and it ain't lookin' good.

    If conditions would stay like as they are now, I'd go. This is nothing.

    Nothing! I've been watching the weather film of NYC and it looks amazingly horrific! I can't
    imagine living in such weather let along trying to get around in it!

    Having lived even farther north most of my life, I don't mind it per se. I have though developed a
    healthy respect for changeable weather and "delays in buses," as per the radio!

    Quoted message said:

    I hope all travellers take due care!

    Charlie in Sunny San Diego

    It's sunny here today! It took me 20 min to remove the snow from my car this morning after I
    shoveled the sidewalk, and I'm counting on the sun this afternoon to take care of the residual
    coating of ice on the car :>

    Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

  9. On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 14:54:13 GMT, [email hidden]

    (Curly Sue) said:


    It's sunny here today! It took me 20 min to remove the snow from my car this morning after I
    shoveled the sidewalk, and I'm counting on the sun this afternoon to take care of the residual
    coating of ice on the car :>

    Then you get to start all over again tomorrow....

    Practice safe eating - always use condiments

  10. On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 17:45:30 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
    <[email hidden]> wrote:

    <snip jaw-dropping travel story>

    Quoted message said:

    Remind me to have my head examined if I ever decide to *voluntarily* travel to the NE in winter.

    I hope your trip home was less eventful. Well, by next year they will have the AirTrain from JFK up
    and running so you won't have to rely on taxis.

    Sue(tm) Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

  11. In article <[email hidden]>, [email hidden] says... <snip of
    flight-from-hell story>

    Quoted message said:

    Remind me to have my head examined if I ever decide to *voluntarily* travel to the NE in winter.

    I'm originally from NY, but have lived in California for over twenty years. It was the weather that
    drove me away. I now have a very strict policy of never visiting anyplace with a winter climate
    during a month which has an "R" in it. There are a lot of things I miss about New York. But I sure
    as hell don't miss getting up two hours early to shovel twelve inches of snow out of my driveway for
    the pleasure of driving sideways to work.

    --
    Donna A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

    To reply, remove the SPAM BLOCK

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.