Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Building a touring drivetrain

Started by Dave Carroll · · Last activity · 42 posts · 3,488 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
3 January 2004
Last activity
7 January 2004
Original author
Dave Carroll
Posts
42
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,488
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–42 of 42
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Someone babbled about a MTB triple 22-32-44 for touring-

    Hey that's what this here lard-muffin did and it worked great. I used standard Campy 13-28 9spd
    rear, Campy racing triple F & R , Veloce Ergos, and a MTB crank. On my timeless 1983 Trek w/
    501 reynolds.

    As I weaved my way through the falling snow toward the top of the Stelvio, so zonked with altitude
    effects that fast-moving oncoming cars didn't look particularly dangerous to me, I slobbered along
    with a 20-34-44 and STILL had to keep stopping near the top to rest. Well, I had done the Mortitolo
    two days before.

    44-13 was fine because even going downhill all the wind resistance from the panniers and stuff keep
    you from really being able to go fast anyway.

    I have a photo of me at the top of the Stelvio. How did that fat guy ever get to the top, I wonder.
    Well, fat boy had a 20-28, and going two miles an hour was still murder.

  2. climb up the side of a house with 34:26 It wont be a fast tourer with
    46:12 ,you could always fit a 48

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.