I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These ignorant
turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.
Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion
Bunch rides on Beach Rd this w'end
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Australia and New Zealand
- Published
- 27 July 2007
- Last activity
- 28 July 2007
- Original author
- Bleve
- Posts
- 17
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,250
- Views / 30 days
- 0
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These ignorant
turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the CANC riders handing out posies along Beach Rd, but hey, you never know. 😉
-
cfsmtb said:
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These
ignorant turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the 'CANC
riders' (http://canc.org.au/) handing out posies along Beach Rd, but
hey, you never know. 😉Me too. I thought "how seventies is that".
For those who come to Beach Road
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of Beach Road
Gentle people with flowers in their hairNah, San Francisco sounded better.
Theo
-
quote='Theo Bekkers'cfsmtb said:
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These
ignorant turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the 'CANC
riders' (canc.org.aucanc.org.auOpen ↗) handing out posies along Beach Rd, but
hey, you never know. 😉Me too. I thought "how seventies is that".
For those who come to Beach Road
Summertime will be a love-in there
In the streets of Beach Road
Gentle people with flowers in their hairNah, San Francisco sounded better.
Theo[/QUOTE]
peace brothers and sisters -
On Jul 27, 6:11 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2ud...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These ignorant
turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.Surely you meant "flour bomb",
Mea Culpa.
-
Bleve said:
On Jul 27, 6:11 pm, cfsmtb <cfsmtb.2ud...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com said:
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These ignorant
turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.
Surely you meant "flour bomb",Mea Culpa.
Mea maxima culpa for that one Bleve.
Halcyon -
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of are going to Beach Rd to flowerbomb 'the
hell ride' this weekend as some sort of stupid protest. These ignorant
turds will probably bomb everyone on a bike.Flower bomb? surely you mean bombed with flour!
Sticks and sones will break yer bones, but flour will never hurt ye.
Sounds like fun to me!
Wish I could be there, go to the beach, and get
FLOURED!!!.
I'd prefer they offer me a gladdy,
I don't expect a lilly,
and if they really like me,
they won't ever think I'm silly.Is there are prize for the whitest cyclist to be found after the
event????Or will only wholemeal flour be used?
A peleton of pale brown ghostly figures was seen at the beach
yesterday........I can't wait for monday's news, Cadel wins on page 1,
riders in white, page 2.Patrick Turner.
-
cfsmtb said:
Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the 'CANC
riders' (http://canc.org.au/) handing out posies along Beach Rd, but
hey, you never know. 😉are they there yet?
<sorry couldn't resist it>
-
Bleve said:
I've been tipped off, but it's no real surprise ...
A number of people I know of ...Cyclists or non-cyclists? I'm wondering who has a bigger gripe about the
Hell ride. And I'm assuming not too many non-cyclists would even know
enough to be able to distinguish the Hell ride from any other bunch.DaveB
-
Should make for an interesting ride...
-
cfsmtb said:
Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the CANC riders handing out posies along Beach Rd, but hey, you never know. 😉
If they also throw some, sugar, butter, eggs and milk you could whip up a few pancakes etc.
You don't have to shell out for engery bars etc.
Be sure to thank them!
Scott
-
gives a new (freudian) meaning to Ghost bikes.
-
didnt ride today, ( le Tour red eye -2 more to go!), but I heard the Air Wing Chopper come back with them and they were 25+mins later than usual...either they rode slower and stopped at every crossing red and amber light and went single file to overtake....or they copped an incident ( err flour sprinkle) ...anyone know?
-
rooman said:
didnt ride today, ( le Tour red eye -2 more to go!), but I heard the Air Wing Chopper come back with them and they were 25+mins later than usual...either they rode slower and stopped at every crossing red and amber light and went single file to overtake....or they copped an incident
( err flour sprinkle) ...anyone know?I would just say that is the usual Hell ride these days.... small numbers and the speed means it is a lot slower now adays. A lot of the good riders don't do it any more, so overall it is slower.
-
scotty72 said:
If they also throw some, sugar, butter, eggs and milk you could whip up a few pancakes etc.
You don't have to shell out for engery bars etc.
Be sure to thank them!
We love pancakes!
-
scotty72 said:
cfsmtb said:
Surely you meant "flour bomb", as I really can't envisage the 'CANC
riders' (http://canc.org.au/) handing out posies along Beach Rd, but
hey, you never know. 😉If they also throw some, sugar, butter, eggs and milk you could whip upa few pancakes etc.
Then you want the group I was stuck in Mutwintji NP with for a week.
Scones one day, pikelets the next,and the roads were nice and spongy, so you gained your climbing training
on the flat, which doubled the workout (no downhill back to camp). -
Terryc said:
Then you want the group I was stuck in Mutwintji NP with for a week.
Scones one day, pikelets the next,Aaah, so you're a waffle guy!
--
Dave Hughes | [email hidden]
"This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic."
- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.