Bunnyhopping

Super Otaku

Feb 19, 2004
Bunnyhopping is a life saving trick that all mountain biker should know. I can't do a bunnyhop because I don't know how to.
Last month, Iasked all my friends who know how to bunnyhop and I do researches on mountain biking magazines and the internet. Now I understand every procedures on bunnyhopping, except for one thing. How do I lift up the pedals or the rear wheel with my feet?
It would be appreciated if any of you help me.

THANKS.

i have experianced doing a bunny hop is almost exactly like trying to get that little bit of extera air off of a ramp. if you can follow me, just pretend that you are about to exit a ramp and you want to get some extra "air"
doing a bunny hop for the first time is conffusing i will admit my first time bunny hopping was a hell of a thrill and i still can't explain all of the properties involved in getting the awsome hight that you desire and this is the best advice that i can give you but once you get it you've got it

and if your woried about keeping your feet stuck to the pedals go clipless

When you pull the front off the ground you also have to jump a little and pull the front forward this way the front comes up and the back comes up. This is how I do it, but even so I cant hop any higher then 6 inches.

when you get the front wheel off the ground quickly thro your body forward and kick like a mule

Thank you so much people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I just need a bit more practice to master it.

i know the technique for bunny hops but havent really practised it much.

First put yur weight back and lift the front wheel. when the wheel is at a good height lean foward, pull up on the bars, and extend your legs. Its all about lifting the front of the bike! its impossible to lift the back wheel by just extendin your legs!

When the back is in the air, bend your legs again to keep the back going.

Originally posted by ryanuk500
i know the technique for bunny hops but havent really practised it much.

First put yur weight back and lift the front wheel. when the wheel is at a good height lean foward, pull up on the bars, and extend your legs. Its all about lifting the front of the bike! its impossible to lift the back wheel by just extendin your legs!

When the back is in the air, bend your legs again to keep the back going.

Now there's another technique.

theres more than one technique for everything. try different ones and maybe get a video camera and film yourself doin different things then u can look at it and see how you can improve. thats what im gonna do