Bush, Osama's Manchurian Candidate

Scribe2b

Guest
if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of rage, bush is perfect.

bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
unify the whole arab world against us.

question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi? huh?

question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day, that actually DO have
'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?

save our troops from bush's vanity.

save the civilians in baghdad from dysentery, which will kill manmy more than our bombs

jc

[email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

>if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of rage, bush is perfect.
>
>bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
>unify the whole arab world against us.
>
>question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi? huh?
>
>question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day, that actually DO have
>'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?
>
>save our troops from bush's vanity.
>
>save the civilians in baghdad from dysentery, which will kill manmy more than our bombs

The whole thing boils down to the 21st century version of the Crusades: a holy war between Christian
and Muslim fundamentalists. The huge problem is that while the narrow, monolithic, simplistic,
uneducated, and enlightened religious views have remained unchanged over the centuries, the weaponry
has evolved to a completely different order of magnitude. That is what is truly scary: mentally ill
religious kooks* running around the whole world killing eachother with bullets, bombs, and, coming
soon to a theater near YOU, weapons of mass destruction.

Gives new meaning to the phrase: "Holy ****."

*I find little distinction between the ones who "claim" to follow Jesus and those who "claim" to
follow Mohammed --dt

On 18 Mar 2003 15:32:40 GMT, Scribe2b wrote:
> if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of rage, bush is perfect.

AFAIK, neither Bush nor Osama ride mountain bikes. Go find someplace else to rant.

>AFAIK, neither Bush nor Osama ride mountain bikes. Go find someplace else to rant
////////// good advice. better would have been to tell me to ride my bike and try to just forget
about the whole thing good rides to you jc

On 18 Mar 2003 18:15:21 GMT, Scribe2b wrote:

> better would have been to tell me to ride my bike and try to just forget about the whole thing

Hey, that's an even better idea!

[email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

>if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of rage, bush is perfect.
>
>bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
>unify the whole arab world against us.

Yeah, just like what happened after we cleaned AQ out of Afghanistan, huh? Wasn't the same thing
supposed to happen first time we went into Iraq too?

>question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi?

What's your point? 9/11 has very little to do with the reasons Iraq will be attacked. Try reading UN
resolution 1441 (and the dozen or so that preceeded it).

>question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day, that actually DO have
>'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?

Won't it be nice when that number is lower by one? Huh?

Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:

>The whole thing boils down to the 21st century version of the Crusades: a holy war between
>Christian and Muslim fundamentalists.

Huh? If someone wants to mount a war against Islam, why would they attack freakin' Iraq? Hell,
Saddam is considered a heinous infidel to "the faithful". Chances are nearly certain that the future
post-Saddam government in Iraq will be considerably more Islamic than the current very secular one.

"Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of
rage,
> bush is perfect.
>
> bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
> unify the whole arab world against us.
>
> question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi? huh?
>
> question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day,
that
> actually DO have 'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?
>
> save our troops from bush's vanity.
>
> save the civilians in baghdad from dysentery, which will kill manmy more
than
> our bombs
>
> jc

Remember these conversations bashing Bush and the War. It could be possible you may be eating crow
when Sadam uses him Chem. weapons (that he sup. doesn't have) on our troops. Prez. Bush has the
backing of the majority of the US and most Allied Countries. I hope while we have troops over there
we go ahead and mow right into Iran, and then Saudi Arabia. It will eventually happen anyways. I'm
just totally amazed that people think that doing nothing is the right thing to do. Diplomacy has
failed. Time for an ass kickin.

Cleanbean still doing it in Texas

Cleanbean wrote:

> I hope while we have troops over there we go ahead and mow right into Iran, and then Saudi Arabia.

Considering Saudi is allowing the US to base their troops in their country, isn't it a little rude
to kick their ass?

> Cleanbean wrote:
>
> > I hope while we have troops over there we go ahead and mow right into Iran, and then Saudi
> > Arabia.
>
> Considering Saudi is allowing the US to base their troops in their country, isn't it a little rude
> to kick their ass?

I got caught up in the moment. Do you think they will accept an apology after the fact?

Cleanbean

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of
> rage,
> > bush is perfect.
> >
> > bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
> > unify the whole arab world against us.
> >
> > question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi? huh?
> >
> > question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day,
> that
> > actually DO have 'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?
> >
> > save our troops from bush's vanity.
> >
> > save the civilians in baghdad from dysentery, which will kill manmy more
> than
> > our bombs
> >
> > jc
>
> I'm just totally amazed that people think that doing nothing is the right thing to do.

I am totally amazed that people think that not invading is "doing nothing."

> Diplomacy has failed.

Not that it was really pursued, LOL!

> Time for an ass kickin.

Easy to say when you're not the one at the sharp end, eh, Mr. Sanitary Legume?

Spider

[email protected] (Spider) wrote:

>"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote

>> I'm just totally amazed that people think that doing nothing is the right thing to do.
>
>I am totally amazed that people think that not invading is "doing nothing."

I think "accomplishing nothing" would have been a more accurate phrase.

>> Diplomacy has failed.
>
>Not that it was really pursued, LOL!

Yeah, we only gave it 12 years to work. How impatient can we be?

>> Time for an ass kickin.
>
>Easy to say when you're not the one at the sharp end, eh, Mr. Sanitary Legume?

I'm just hoping it's a well-placed kick. Hope the rank and file Iraqi soldiers know enough by now to
avoid that "pointy end".

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>
> >"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> >> I'm just totally amazed that people think that doing nothing is the right thing to do.
> >
> >I am totally amazed that people think that not invading is "doing nothing."
>
> I think "accomplishing nothing" would have been a more accurate phrase.

Because it is hard to do it without using force, not much was really attempted. By either party, by
any international body. Still, accomplishing nothing is not the same thing as doing nothing.

> >> Diplomacy has failed.
> >
> >Not that it was really pursued, LOL!
>
> Yeah, we only gave it 12 years to work. How impatient can we be?

No, we gave it 4.5 months. No diplomacy was really attempted before then - it was "status quo."

> >> Time for an ass kickin.
> >
> >Easy to say when you're not the one at the sharp end, eh, Mr. Sanitary Legume?
>
> I'm just hoping it's a well-placed kick. Hope the rank and file Iraqi soldiers know enough by now
> to avoid that "pointy end".

The conscripts will welcome the chance at real food. :)

The Guards will fight. We'll see what real damage we've done to ourselves and Iraq after the war.
Pray that Bush & Company do not decide to declare a "state of emergency" to suspend civil rights.
After all - gotta smoke out those sleeper cells" and all when you're at Threat Level Mango.

Spider

[email protected] (Spider) wrote:

>Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>> >"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote

>> >Not that it was really pursued, LOL!
>>
>> Yeah, we only gave it 12 years to work. How impatient can we be?
>
>No, we gave it 4.5 months. No diplomacy was really attempted before then - it was "status quo."

Huh? 14 UN resolutions over 12 years constitutes "no diplomacy"?

>> >Easy to say when you're not the one at the sharp end, eh, Mr. Sanitary Legume?
>>
>> I'm just hoping it's a well-placed kick. Hope the rank and file Iraqi soldiers know enough by now
>> to avoid that "pointy end".
>
>The conscripts will welcome the chance at real food. :)

Hope they don't screw up and get the pork chop MREs! ;-)

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

>Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>The whole thing boils down to the 21st century version of the Crusades: a holy war between
>>Christian and Muslim fundamentalists.
>
>Huh? If someone wants to mount a war against Islam, why would they attack freakin' Iraq? Hell,
>Saddam is considered a heinous infidel to "the faithful".

Well, Mark, the Bush Administration - which is fundamentalist Christian - has repeatedly connected
or tried to connect Saddam and Iraq (unfaithful or not) to al Qaeda - which is fundamentalist
Muslim. You can't have it both ways.

What is frightening is a battle between opposing religious fundamentalists - each fervently and
incorrectly convinced they have a complete monopoly on "Truth" - and each having the power and
ability to affect the lives of everyone else on the planet in the advancement of their cause. They
can't both be right; they are mutually exclusive. And the fact is that they are both wrong. Nobody
has a monopoly on "Truth." "Truth" or "God" or whatever you want to call
it/him/her transcends anybody's interpretation of it. You interpretation of "Truth" is just that -
an interpretation, a subjective point of view, an opinion. It is no longer Truth - it is only
relative, one way among billions of looking at things. Truth cannot be bottled or contained and
any attempt to do so kills it. Fundamentalists and fanatics don't have the ability to grasp this
-they cling to belief and dogma and forget about faith and worship, which are different.

In my view, there is nothing more dangerous and frightening than true believers of ANY religion or
political philosophy convinced that they have the "one right answer" trying to shove that down
everyone else's throats. That's what terrorist do. That's what the Spanish Inquisition did. That
what both Nazis as well as Communists tried to
iu. That's what the fundamentalist Christians want to do. Etc.

Well, that's not democracy. It's fascism. Whatever happened to separation between Church and State?
I fear for this country and the world when foreign and domestic policy is dictated by religion and
true believers . --dt

Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Spider) wrote:
>
> >Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Yeah, we only gave it 12 years to work. How impatient can we be?
> >
> >No, we gave it 4.5 months. No diplomacy was really attempted before then - it was "status quo."
>
> Huh? 14 UN resolutions over 12 years constitutes "no diplomacy"?

Yes, that's exactly right. It's easy to say something and pretend you're doing something. It's quite
another to actually go out and talk to folks to get them to see your position. Getting others
"on-board" is what "leadership" is about. Charging off into the sunset isn't.

> >> I'm just hoping it's a well-placed kick. Hope the rank and file Iraqi soldiers know enough by
> >> now to avoid that "pointy end".
> >
> >The conscripts will welcome the chance at real food. :)
>
> Hope they don't screw up and get the pork chop MREs! ;-)

D'OH! Yeah, well - the turkey ala king is OK. [shudder]

Spider

"Cleanbean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Scribe2b" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > if terrorists needed a windup toy in the white house to throw a fit of
> rage,
> > bush is perfect.
> >
> > bush is doing everything 9-11 was designed to provoke--- a misdirectred overreaction of force to
> > unify the whole arab world against us.
> >
> > question--- were the 9-11 attackers iraqui or saudi? huh?
> >
> > question--- count the countries in the world who hate us more every day,
> that
> > actually DO have 'weapons of mass destruction" that we KNOW of? huh?
> >
> > save our troops from bush's vanity.
> >
> > save the civilians in baghdad from dysentery, which will kill manmy more
> than
> > our bombs
> >
> > jc
>
> Remember these conversations bashing Bush and the War. It could be
possible
> you may be eating crow when Sadam uses him Chem. weapons (that he sup. doesn't have) on
> our troops.

Chem. weapons (that were supplied by US companies)

[excuse the middle-posting - it seemed appropriate]

Prez. Bush has the backing of the majority of
> the US and most Allied Countries. I hope while we have troops over there
we
> go ahead and mow right into Iran, and then Saudi Arabia. It will
eventually
> happen anyways. I'm just totally amazed that people think that doing nothing is the right thing to
> do. Diplomacy has failed. Time for an ass kickin.
>
> Cleanbean still doing it in Texas

Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:

>Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Doug Taylor <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>The whole thing boils down to the 21st century version of the Crusades: a holy war between
>>>Christian and Muslim fundamentalists.
>>
>>Huh? If someone wants to mount a war against Islam, why would they attack freakin' Iraq? Hell,
>>Saddam is considered a heinous infidel to "the faithful".
>
>Well, Mark, the Bush Administration - which is fundamentalist Christian - has repeatedly connected
>or tried to connect Saddam and Iraq (unfaithful or not) to al Qaeda - which is fundamentalist
>Muslim. You can't have it both ways.

That makes it a "crusade"? I will respect your opinion, but have to say that this has NOTHING to do
with religion (at least not on the US side). As I've said many times, the reason we're in Iraq now
is that Iraq has WMD, terrorists want WMD, and Saddam has a history of supporting terrorists. The
fact those terrorists happen to be Muslim doesn't make this a war against Islam any more than our
action against Christian Serbia in defense of Croat Muslims made that a war against Christianity (or
had you forgotten that one?).

Or are you suggesting we don't go after terrorists and those who support them if they happen to be
Muslim, for the fear of someone using the "crusade card"?

The US government is hardly "fundamentalist Christian", regardless of GWB's personal faith. We're a
country governed by rule of law, and that's still in effect last time I looked.

<snipped a bunch>
>In my view, there is nothing more dangerous and frightening than true believers of ANY religion or
>political philosophy convinced that they have the "one right answer" trying to shove that down
>everyone else's throats. That's what terrorist do. That's what the Spanish Inquisition did. That
>what both Nazis as well as Communists tried to
>do. That's what the fundamentalist Christians want to do. Etc.

Hmmmm. When's the last time you heard about the US forcefully converting someone to Christianity?
I've read through the entire bible many times, and don't recall any call to kill non-Christians or
forcefully convert anyone. Do "fundamentalist Christians" have a belief they feel is right? Of
course. But so do Muslims and atheists.

>Well, that's not democracy. It's fascism. Whatever happened to separation between Church and State?
>I fear for this country and the world when foreign and domestic policy is dictated by religion and
>true believers

The separation between Church and State is narrowing as the State tries to control the Church (the
concept was put in place to prevent the opposite). To try to lay the current conflict at the feet of
Christianity is absurd. It's about self-protection in a world with enemies who would use terrible
weapons if they can. They could be from Mars from all 99% of the US citizens care.

[email protected] (Spider) wrote:

>Mark Hickey <[email protected]> wrote...

>> Huh? 14 UN resolutions over 12 years constitutes "no diplomacy"?
>
>Yes, that's exactly right. It's easy to say something and pretend you're doing something. It's
>quite another to actually go out and talk to folks to get them to see your position. Getting others
>"on-board" is what "leadership" is about. Charging off into the sunset isn't.

Leadership is also about doing the right thing. France (for whatever reasons) made it clear they
were never going to be "on board", and Bush and Blair decided enough is enough. I couldn't agree
more with their assessment - and we'll know soon enough whether they were right or horribly wrong.

Of course, Scud missiles that "Saddam doesn't have" falling out of the sky on the way to Kuwait
should give you a strong hint as to the outcome of the WMD issue... (and the effectiveness of the UN
weapons inspections - if they can't find a Scud and its massive launch vehicle, how are they going
to find underground labs?).

>> >The conscripts will welcome the chance at real food. :)
>>
>> Hope they don't screw up and get the pork chop MREs! ;-)
>
>D'OH! Yeah, well - the turkey ala king is OK. [shudder]

What was it ZZ Top said - "as long as it's not too blue"?

I hope they packed a lot of those MREs... looks like they're having a "lot of company".

********.

(the concept was put in place to prevent
> the opposite).

Now the pendulum is swinging in the other direction. I stand behind my opinion that the single
biggest threat to world peace - as it always has been - is religious fundamentalism. Yours is as bad
as theirs.