I-zheet M'drurz said:sarah bennett spaketh thusly:
Quoted message said:we do butter-parmesan-cayenne here, usually. but I'm thinking
that sweet kettle corn could be nice the next night we're up
watching a movie.
A couple of qualifiers here: 1) It's been so long since I've had
"real" kettle corn that I might be easily impressed by a kettle
corn "wannabe", and B) I really do prefer bulk popcorn made in my
microwave popper bowl (yep, I'll use Parm too, as a treat), but...
Jolly Time makes a decent microwave lo cal/lo fat kettle corn, 225
cals for the whole bag, same as their ultra-low butter product.
You can use up to twice as much sugar as is called for in this recipe. I
prefer a more subtle sweet taste. This probably wouldn't work in a
microwave popper bowl, but you never know.
* Exported from MasterCook *
Kettle Corn
Recipe By πamsel in dis Dress
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : snacks
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
vegetable oil
popcorn
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
salt -- for sprinkling
In a three-quart saucepan (or "kettle"π with a tight-fitting lid, pour
enough oil to cover to a depth of about one-half the size of a popcorn
kernel. Add two "test" kernels of popcorn, and turn heat to medium high.
When the test kernels pop, the oil is hot enough to continue.
Quickly pour in enough popcorn to cover the bottom of the saucepan in an
even layer. Sprinkle the sugar over the unpopped kernels, and place the
lid on the pan. As the corn pops, shake the pan occasionally to assure
that unpopped kernels reach the bottom of the pan. When the lid starts to
lift off the pan and the popping slows or stops, remove pan from heat.
Pour popped corn into a large bowl or several smaller ones. Dust lightly
with salt.
Yield:
"12 cups"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -