Buying Advice

Speed_Freak92

Aug 2, 2007
Hi all,

I’m 15 years old and have been mountain biking for a couple of years and now looking to buy a road bike. I would like some advice on what would be a good starter bike. One bike I’ve been looking at is the Felt F100.

· My budget would be $800 max

· It needs to look cool :D

If anyone could give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Speed_Freak92 said:
Hi all,

I’m 15 years old and have been mountain biking for a couple of years and now looking to buy a road bike. I would like some advice on what would be a good starter bike. One bike I’ve been looking at is the Felt F100.

· My budget would be $800 max

· It needs to look cool :D

If anyone could give me some advice it would be much appreciated.
Hello and welcome,

I just had a quick look at the FeltF100 (over here in Australia it sells for $899), so you'll easily come within your budget.

For that price it looks like a rather good bikie, Shimano Sora is lower level components, but they are still very reliable and will last a long time - I'm still getting beaten by people with Sora equipped bikes at my club - so there is nothing wrong with it. 7005 Aluminium has a good reputation as does the brand Felt. Make sure you buy the right size - with good stand over height (search this forum for getting the right size bike).

Yes, I think it looks pretty cool. There are some other entry level bikes that may be a similar price and quality, have a look at Trek, Orbea, Giant OCRs are always a good buy, Lemond. All nice bikes.

Anyway good luck and keep posting.