Buzzword compliance

till!

New Member
Nov 19, 2004
I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller. Their reply follows.

Dear <XXXXX>,

"Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"

double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot its used on the outside and inside of the tubes

After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the **** anymore?

till

till! wrote:

> I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
> familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
> being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
> Their reply follows.
>
> Dear <XXXXX>,
>
> "Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
>
> double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
> crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
> strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
> inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
> its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
>
> After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the ****
> anymore?
>
> till

LOL! I love the seller's interpretation, but it's not quite accurate -
the term is "butted":
http://www.sheldonbrown.com/gloss_bo-z.html

"till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
> familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
> being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
> Their reply follows.
>
> Dear <XXXXX>,
>
> "Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
>
> double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
> crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
> strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
> inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
> its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
>
> After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the ****
> anymore?
>
> till

Touche......I think you have been "out pisstaken"

Gags

Gags wrote:
> "till!" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>I noticed a bike on ebay that came with some puzzling features Im not
>>familiar with. It turns out this one is "Double Buttered". Naturally
>>being interested in bike tech, I sought clarification from the seller.
>>Their reply follows.
>>
>>Dear <XXXXX>,
>>
>>"Could you explain about the "double buttering" a bit more?"
>>
>>double buttered is a process used to strengthen tubing, as well as the
>>crmolly alloy they use a special coating on the tubing to give it more
>>strength, some use it on the outside of the tube, some outside and
>>inside and some double outside and inside, in the case of this peugeot
>>its used on the outside and inside of the tubes
>>
>>After reading that, Im no longer sure which of us was taking the ****
>>anymore?
>>
>>till
>>

> Touche......I think you have been "out pisstaken"
>
> Gags

Agreed.

So, if double buttered is coating on the inside and outside of the
tubes, then what would triple buttered be?

Personally, I'd rather peanut buttered.

--
Nick