Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat dinner
tonight.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
Mountain Bikes · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat dinner
tonight.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Ride-A-Lot said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat
dinner tonight.
Dayum! Who, what, where?!!!!
Michael Dart said:Ride-A-Lot said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat
dinner tonight.Dayum! Who, what, where?!!!!
Linkus MtbIdius: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=308357
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 14:33:45 -0700, Ride-A-Lot
[email protected] said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat dinner
tonight.
I'd pull it out and play fetch with it.
Looks like a PS to me.
--
Slack
Ride-A-Lot said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat dinner
tonight.
Holy [censored]! Ouch, my butt's still puckering looking at that. How's he doing?
jason said:Ride-A-Lot said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat
dinner tonight.Holy [censored]! Ouch, my butt's still puckering looking at that. How's he doing?
The story is on MTBR. The link is in an above reply. He's already
walking it. It went right between the two bones.
--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Ride-A-Lot said:jason said:Ride-A-Lot said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat
dinner tonight.Holy [censored]! Ouch, my butt's still puckering looking at that. How's he
doing?The story is on MTBR. The link is in an above reply. He's already
walking it. It went right between the two bones.
I've seen a guy do that on a motorcycle to his arm but the branch was
much smaller diameter. And I nailed one on my bicep on a very overgrown
trail recently so thankfully I was only going about 15 mph so it didn't
penetrate, it left a helluva bruise.
That branch above is huge! I guess it must have a sharp point, though.
Greg
G.T. said:Ride-A-Lot said:jason said:Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat
> dinner tonight.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/34hn2p
>
>Holy [censored]! Ouch, my butt's still puckering looking at that. How's he
doing?The story is on MTBR. The link is in an above reply. He's already
walking it. It went right between the two bones.I've seen a guy do that on a motorcycle to his arm but the branch was
much smaller diameter. And I nailed one on my bicep on a very overgrown
trail recently so thankfully I was only going about 15 mph so it didn't
penetrate, it left a helluva bruise.That branch above is huge! I guess it must have a sharp point, though.
Greg
I got one in the bicep once. It was the tip of a long branch from a
downed tree. I was chasing a friend on a very long ride near Taos and
pretty tired.
The branch hit my arm and it was much more painful than I would normally
expect a low speed branch collision to be. I stayed on the bike and
continued to where I could see the friend waiting, figuring I'd take a
look at it there. I thought I just got a small puncture. I was wiping
away some dried blood and saw what I thought was a little dirt or a wood
chip. It wouldn't brush off, so I pinched it between two fingernails and
pulled. It was about an inch long and stuck right into my bicep so the
end was flush with the skin. Pulling it out REALLY hurt! My eyes were
watering! It was maybe the diameter of a kitchen match. I collected
myself and then we just kept riding. The bruise was pretty impressive
the next day but it all healed up without incident.
I bet the one in the photo was pretty freakin' painful! Infection was
and would be my biggest concern. That's how you could lose a leg or your
life.
On MTBR it said he usually wore shin guards but didn't that day. I
wonder if that trained him to not look or worry about stuff like that
stick as much. I always look for those kinds of hazards and will at
least try and warn others about them or break them off or move them away
from the trail if I can when I come across one.
Matt (prefers not to be penetrated)
Ride-A-Lot [email protected] said:Chippy sent it, but why should I be the only one not able to eat dinner
tonight.--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-owww.schnauzers.ws
Nice like my bone sticking out of the same leg 31 years ago. See what
2 wheels can motorized or not.
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.