Quoted message said:So what you did was extrapolate some
inputs and results based on some arbitrarily programmed guesstimating
exercise equpiment calculator.
Not at all. I took the only formula I was able to find, and implemented
it. Unless proven otherwise, I'm assuming that this formula used the
correct "numbers, factors and calculations". As a way of checking that
the results were at least in the right ballpark, I compared them with
the results of an exercise-equipment calculator. I didn't "guesstimate"
anything. I also posted the exact formula that I used so that anyone
who's interested is able to verify whether or not they think the
formula meets whatever criteria they might have for such a formula. If
the formula that I used is incorrect, I'd welcome a better one.
Personally, I just wanted an easy way to calculate my own calorie burn,
wasn't able to find a tool online that worked with Average Heart Rate,
and thought others might appreciate the same tool. If you know of a
formula that's widely accepted, you're welcome to post that. If you
have some way to show that it's better, I'll change the formula on my
site.
Other than that, if you don't want to use it, don't use it. I couldn't
care less.
Tom