Camelbak giving me an upset stomach?

MommaFox

Apr 13, 2011
Hello Im new to the forum, 20 y/o from Largo, FL.

Was just curious if any one of you has experienced an upset stomach after using a camelbak.

Even the first time I used it [have only used it about 3 times] I get the most awful upset stomach.

I didnt clean it before I used it the first time, but after that I usually clean it with warm water and a little bit of dish soap...making sure to rinse it well.

Any advice?

if you're sure it's the camelbak then either it's bacteria, in which case get some of those sterilising tablets used on babies bottles and try using those in the cleaning process, or just possibly you're taking in more air due to the bite down nozzle. not sure if there's much you can do about that besides move back to bottles.

As mentioned above I would try to sterilize it. I always take the end off the tube and hang it with a clean empty jelly jar inside so it stays open and dry until the next use.

Are you using a new drink that may be causing the tummy ache?

I also live in Largo fl. I use a Camelbak Racebak. I have never gotten a upset Stomach. I do what was mentioned above, & make sure the bladder is open all the way open & completely dry before the next use.