Suzy.Jackson said:
Richard Sachs said:i wouldn't use an adapter, even at gunpoint.
Whyfor the hatred of braze-ons? I reckon they're kinda neat, and stop
the derailleur from marring the paintwork. On my tourer, I've even got
a nice stainless steel tab for it to sit on. I don't notice that
they're any harder to adjust or anything...
It's not a question of "hating" braze-ons; rather it's the reaction to
Campagnolo ignoring a large segment of the market. There was a time that
all frames had 28.6mm seattubes, and I would imagine that there are still
a fair number being made. There are also millions out there still being
ridden.
I couldn't get a front derailleur for a 28.6mm downtube today at my LBS.
Annoying.
As far as braze-on fittings go, they are limited in that you can't use
them with smaller (or larger) chainrings than they were designed for.
Having a clamp is more adaptable.
--
David L. Johnson
__o | "Business!" cried the Ghost. "Mankind was my business. The
_`\(,_ | common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance,
(_)/ (_) | and benevolence, were, all, my business. The dealings of my
trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my
business!" --Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"