Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Campagnolo wheels...on a car?

Started by Ryan Cousineau · · Last activity · 15 posts · 778 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
12 May 2008
Last activity
13 May 2008
Original author
Ryan Cousineau
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
778
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden] http://www.wiredcola.com/
    "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
    "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

  2. Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    I've got a pair of Campagnolo wheels on a boattrailer, left over from an
    '75 Alfasud (great car, unfortunately made from ferrous oxide)

    --
    /Marten

    info(apestaartje)m-gineering(punt)nl

  3. Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    I thought Lamborghinis used to have Campag wheels. They possibly still
    do although perhaps the bean counters at Audi have got them on Shimano
    ones now.

  4. "Ben C" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    I thought Lamborghinis used to have Campag wheels. They possibly still
    do although perhaps the bean counters at Audi have got them on Shimano
    ones now.

    They also claim to have made aerospace parts. I believe they touch upon it
    in their catalog #17

  5. Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    --
    Ryan Cousineau [email hidden]://www.wiredcola.com/
    "In other newsgroups, they killfile trolls."
    "In rec.bicycles.racing, we coach them."

    Campagnolo made many things for other industries, including magnesium
    cast things for aircraft and as you see, auto wheels. After the MTB
    mess and before they figured out 'click shifting', during the dark
    days of the mid to late 80s, Valentino sold all the other stuff to
    have the $ to continue in bike stuff only and the rest, they say, is
    history. Another rumor is that Mavic wanted to buy Campagnolo during
    this time and thankfully, Valentino refused.

  6. Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Moon lander. Large, spider-webby Campy castings.

    Couldn't find a photo via google for some reason. (NASA revisionistic
    wwweb vacuuming? I understand they took the "moon landings were faked"
    thing pretty hard)

    I have a Campy hubcap around here somewhere. --D-y

  7. Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>
    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:
    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>
    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Ferraris too!
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    <www.yellowjersey.org/>
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971
    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  8. A Muzi said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:

    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea
    556111843939e196b31>
    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:
    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>
    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Ferraris too!

    And Maserati...

  9. "Colin Campbell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    A Muzi said:
    Ryan Cousineau said:


    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    556111843939e196b31>
    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute


    sports

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    car. More photos here:


    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    6b31>
    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Ferraris too!

    And Maserati...

    And Panteras too....

  10. <snip>
    My 1978 Ducati Darmah (long since sold) came with Campagnolo magnesium
    wheels. Beautiful, but probably a little fragile.

    Dave Lehnen

  11. Ryan Cousineau said:

    They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute sports
    car. More photos here:

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19
    6b31>

    I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Sure. And tennis rackets. And lots of complex, precision castings for
    aerospace and other industries.

    --

    John ([email hidden])

  12. * * Chas said:

    "Colin Campbell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    A Muzi said:

    Ryan Cousineau wrote:


    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >556111843939e196b31>
    >They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute

    sports

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >car. More photos here:
    >

    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >6b31>
    >I had no idea Campy had that in its past.

    Ferraris too!

    And Maserati...

    And Panteras too....

    I thought Panteras got Halibrands, or am I confusing those with GT-40s?

    nate

    --
    replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel

  13. "Nate Nagel" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    * * Chas said:

    "Colin Campbell" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    A Muzi wrote:

    >Ryan Cousineau wrote:
    >



    <http://www.webentory.com/tools/photo_strip.php?index=27&id=57f92b4b0e5ea

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    >>556111843939e196b31>
    >>They are attached to a 1963 Abarth-Simca 2000, an adorably cute

    sports

    Quoted message said:

    >>car. More photos here:
    >>


    <http://fantasyjunction.com/used-cars.php?id=57f92b4b0e5ea556111843939e19

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    >>6b31>
    >>I had no idea Campy had that in its past.
    >
    >Ferraris too!

    And Maserati...

    And Panteras too....

    I thought Panteras got Halibrands, or am I confusing those with GT-40s?

    nate


    GT-40s may have had Halibrands but De Tomaso Panteras came with Campy
    wheels among other brands.

    http://www.panteraplace.com/page80.htm

    Chas.

  14. Dave Lehnen said:

    <snip>
    My 1978 Ducati Darmah (long since sold) came with Campagnolo magnesium
    wheels. Beautiful, but probably a little fragile.

    Dave Lehnen

    The late and unlamented MV Agusta 600 street bike had mechanical Campy
    disc brakes on the front. Hard squeeze, little stoppage.
    Phil Brown

  15. At one time Campy made wheels for aircraft as well.

    --
    They wrote in the old days that it is sweet and fitting to die for
    one's country. But in modern war, there is nothing sweet nor fitting in
    your dying. You will die like a dog for no good reason.
    -- Ernest Hemingway

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.