Campy 10spd cranks in size 165?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Chuck Liu, Mar 17, 2006.

  1. Chuck Liu

    Chuck Liu Guest

    Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If not,
    what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise 10speed
    Campy drivetrain?

    Thanks,
    Chuck

    Tags:

  2. Chuck Liu wrote:
    > Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If not,
    > what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise 10speed
    > Campy drivetrain?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chuck

    No, TA makes a really nice road double and triple in 165mm...call me.

  3. Chuck Liu wrote:
    > Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If not,
    > what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise 10speed
    > Campy drivetrain?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Chuck

    It pains me to say it, but that S company makes its 10 speed double and
    triple cranksets in its two highest priced groups in 165 mm length.

  4. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > It pains me to say it, but that S company makes its 10 speed double and
    > triple cranksets in its two highest priced groups in 165 mm length.

    Astute of them to provide children's sizes, since child riders are
    unlikely to overtax their cranks structurally. They should offer their
    cranks at a price that would be more attractive to the kid's bike
    market, though.

    Chalo Colina

  5. Chuck Liu

    Chuck Liu Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Chuck Liu wrote:
    >> Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If
    >> not,
    >> what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise
    >> 10speed
    >> Campy drivetrain?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Chuck

    > It pains me to say it, but that S company makes its 10 speed double and
    > triple cranksets in its two highest priced groups in 165 mm length.

    If I choose to run the 10 speed Shimano 165 cranks, what chain should I use?
    Campy or Shimano?

  6. On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:03:01 -0500, Chuck Liu wrote:

    > Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If not,
    > what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise 10speed
    > Campy drivetrain?

    Fortunately, you can use absolutely any crank with otherwise Campy
    components.

    --

    David L. Johnson

    __o | Let's be straight here. If we find something we can't
    _`\(,_ | understand we like to call it something you can't understand, or
    (_)/ (_) | indeed even pronounce. -- Douglas Adams

  7. dvt

    dvt Guest

    Chalo wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:

    >>It pains me to say it, but that S company makes its 10 speed double and
    >>triple cranksets in its two highest priced groups in 165 mm length.

    > Astute of them to provide children's sizes, since child riders are
    > unlikely to overtax their cranks structurally. They should offer their
    > cranks at a price that would be more attractive to the kid's bike
    > market, though.

    Heh. I'm over 6' tall, definitely not a kid, and I *like* 165 mm cranks.

    --
    Dave
    dvt at psu dot edu

  8. Chalo

    Chalo Guest

    dvt wrote:

    > Chalo wrote:
    > >
    > > Astute of them to provide children's sizes, since child riders are
    > > unlikely to overtax their cranks structurally. They should offer their
    > > cranks at a price that would be more attractive to the kid's bike
    > > market, though.

    > Heh. I'm over 6' tall, definitely not a kid, and I *like* 165 mm cranks.

    I like them too, in applications where longer cranks hit the ground.

    Chalo Colina

  9. David L. Johnson wrote:
    > On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 23:03:01 -0500, Chuck Liu wrote:
    >
    > > Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If not,
    > > what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise 10speed
    > > Campy drivetrain?

    > Fortunately, you can use absolutely any crank with otherwise Campy
    > components.

    Octastink. --D-y

  10. Chuck Liu wrote:
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > Chuck Liu wrote:
    > >> Do Campagnolo make their latest (10 speed) cranksets in size 165? If
    > >> not,
    > >> what are my options if I choose to use 165 cranks for an otherwise
    > >> 10speed
    > >> Campy drivetrain?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Chuck

    > > It pains me to say it, but that S company makes its 10 speed double and
    > > triple cranksets in its two highest priced groups in 165 mm length.
    > >

    > If I choose to run the 10 speed Shimano 165 cranks, what chain should I use?
    > Campy or Shimano?

    Any 10s chain, with a 10s cogset-shimano, Campag(now 5.9mm) or
    Wipperman, all will be fine.