I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.
TIA
There is a 6.0 mm connex link that work with a Shimano 10 speed chain and a Campy Ultra Narrow chain. Both chains are 5.9 mm.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.
Connex "Shimano 10-speed" link is working well for me with Ultra Narrow chain. Peter@vecchios has said the same thing - and that's where I got the tip from. Thanks to Peter for that.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it.
yes, the 6.05(6.1) one worrks fine.
If not, are
Quoted message said:
there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else. TIA
Connex "Shimano 10-speed" link is working well for me with Ultra Narrow chain. Peter@vecchios has said the same thing - and that's where I got the tip from. Thanks to Peter for that.
And the older, wider, Connex 10 link works fine in 5.9 chain with Campy cogs. The chain doesn't fall apart. The Connex 5.9 link is a snug fit.
I've got my first Ultra Narrow (5.9 mm) chain and I want to know if the 6.2 or 6.1 mm Connex master links will work with it. If not, are there any master links that are installed without tools (as the Connex are) that work as well as the OEM closure system? It's hard to believe the drivetrain can get any quieter but I want to give it a shot. It should make front derailleur trim easier if nothing else.