Australia and New Zealand · Public discussion

Can someone please clean the gene pool!

Started by Email address hidden · · Last activity · 10 posts · 560 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Australia and New Zealand
Published
5 August 2004
Last activity
7 August 2004
Original author
Email address hidden
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
560
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
    here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
    lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
    are trying to kill me!

    Every night I meet bodies in black on bikes with no lights, last night
    one almost took me out: Unlit street, he had no helmet, no lights,
    black clothes and was riding on the wrong side of the road HEAD ON AT
    ME.

    The ones with no lights on the bike track I can almost cope with,
    they're usually going so slowly that they're just like the unlit
    pedestrians, joggers and dogs.

    The REALLY scary ones are the elite few who have a light, a RED
    FLASHING LIGHT ON THE HANDLEBARS. Come up on that around a bend in the
    dark and you think there's someone going the same direction you are,
    you pull right to overtake and by the time you realise, the idiot has
    nearly hit you head on. If you're reading this, the two idiots I see
    every week on the Gardiners creek path, this is for you:
    THE RED LIGHT GOES ON THE BACK.

    there, I feel much better now.

  2. Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down to the
    shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children thereof.

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
    here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
    lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
    are trying to kill me!

    Every night I meet bodies in black on bikes with no lights, last night
    one almost took me out: Unlit street, he had no helmet, no lights,
    black clothes and was riding on the wrong side of the road HEAD ON AT
    ME.

    The ones with no lights on the bike track I can almost cope with,
    they're usually going so slowly that they're just like the unlit
    pedestrians, joggers and dogs.

    The REALLY scary ones are the elite few who have a light, a RED
    FLASHING LIGHT ON THE HANDLEBARS. Come up on that around a bend in the
    dark and you think there's someone going the same direction you are,
    you pull right to overtake and by the time you realise, the idiot has
    nearly hit you head on. If you're reading this, the two idiots I see
    every week on the Gardiners creek path, this is for you:
    THE RED LIGHT GOES ON THE BACK.

    there, I feel much better now.

  3. atacca said:

    Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down to the
    shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children thereof.

    <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
    here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
    lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
    are trying to kill me!

    Every night I meet bodies in black on bikes with no lights, last night
    one almost took me out: Unlit street, he had no helmet, no lights,
    black clothes and was riding on the wrong side of the road HEAD ON AT
    ME.

    The ones with no lights on the bike track I can almost cope with,
    they're usually going so slowly that they're just like the unlit
    pedestrians, joggers and dogs.

    The REALLY scary ones are the elite few who have a light, a RED
    FLASHING LIGHT ON THE HANDLEBARS. Come up on that around a bend in the
    dark and you think there's someone going the same direction you are,
    you pull right to overtake and by the time you realise, the idiot has
    nearly hit you head on. If you're reading this, the two idiots I see
    every week on the Gardiners creek path, this is for you:
    THE RED LIGHT GOES ON THE BACK.

    there, I feel much better now.


    "this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

  4. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [email hidden] wrote:
    I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
    here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
    lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
    are trying to kill me!

    atacca
    Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down
    to the shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children thereof.

    As if they'd have lights on their bike. They'd have to be pretty damn drunk
    to consider riding to the shops as well..

    hippy

  5. quote='hippy said:
    Quoted message said:

    I know that everyone here has lights on their bikes, and that nobody
    here thinks of riding around at night with black clothes on and no
    lights, but can someone do *something* about the idiots out there that
    are trying to kill me!

    atacca
    Methinks they're part of the flannels and mullet brigade nipping down
    to the shops for a pack of winnie blues and some VB. Or children thereof.

    As if they'd have lights on their bike. They'd have to be pretty damn drunk
    to consider riding to the shops as well..

    hippy[/QUOTE]
    yes, at least they are not in their Monaro (mate!) driving with no lights and dark clothes.

    Dont you love all the tradesmen who ride a banged up old malvern star or raleigh to work because they have lost their licence?

    ever heard of the australian version of hogans heroes?. Its called bogans heroes. Best storyline involves schultz getting reprimanded by colonel clink for doing donuts in the commandants V8 torana.

  6. arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

    Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in Abbotford, despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus 1 vista & white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and bike. Not forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

    I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get thumped by other vehicles!!!

  7. "cfsmtb" <[email hidden]> wrote in
    message news:[email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

    Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in
    Abbotford, despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus
    1 vista & white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and
    bike. Not forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

    I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get
    thumped by other vehicles!!!

    It's simple. If they can't see you they can't hit you.

    --

    A: Top-posters.
    Q: What is the most annoying thing on Usenet?

  8. "cfsmtb" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    arrrrggg!!! I like to refer to such attire as "Fitzroy Safety Black".

    Tonight, still almost got cleaned up on Victoria Crescent in Abbotford,
    despite having 3 red lights on rear of bike & helmet, plus 1 vista &
    white flashie on front + much reflective gear on self and bike. Not
    forgetting the tyrefly on the rear wheels value stem.

    I want to know the secret of why these darkly attired folks don't get
    thumped by other vehicles!!!

    Drivers can't see them to aim at them?

    --
    Alan Erskine
    We can get people to the Moon in five years,
    not the fifteen GWB proposes.
    Give NASA a real challenge
    [email hidden]

  9. flyingdutch said:

    atacca Wrote:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

    gawd I haven't heard that in years

    thanks for the reminder 🙂

    --
    Nick

  10. quote='NickZX6R'flyingdutch said:

    atacca Wrote:


    <snip>

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    "this is ma bruther darril, and thees eez ma udder bruvver Darril..."

    gawd I haven't heard that in years

    thanks for the reminder 🙂

    --
    Nick[/QUOTE]
    "Oiv'e goht TWO straps on MOY overalls, an' almost awl moy own teef . . . Dazza, eee's still lernin 'IS overalls . . .

    M"Cowcatchers? Now there's an idea . . ."H

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.