rec.sport.unicycling · Public discussion

can you glide?

Started by chosen · · Last activity · 25 posts · 732 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.sport.unicycling
Published
5 September 2005
Last activity
6 September 2005
Original author
chosen
Posts
25
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
732
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–25 of 25
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I do OK on my KH24 with super low seat position, my leg aches if I try
    for any distance or speed though. My furthest must be about 20-30metres
    and I can get back to pedals about um, 10% of the time

    --
    pete66 - Level 6 downhiller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43078

  2. I can glide a few metres backwards (from one foot backwards) but I can't
    glide forwards, it's next on my 'tricks to learn list' when I'm
    consistent with one foot WW. I recon I just need to find the right
    footwear.

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43078

  3. unicus said:

    *I can glide a few metres backwards (from one foot backwards) but I
    can't glide forwards, it's next on my 'tricks to learn list' when I'm
    consistent with one foot WW. I recon I just need to find the right
    footwear. *

    wtf? thats more ridiculous than saying u can only ride a unicycle
    backwards

    --
    pete66 - Level 6 downhiller
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    pete66's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4812
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43078

  4. pete66 said:

    *wtf? thats more ridiculous than saying u can only ride a unicycle
    backwards *

    🙂 I don’t do things conventionally. I learnt freemounting before I
    could ride and I learnt to roll back mount a Coker and idle it before I
    rode it. I spent quite a lot of time learning one foot backwards before
    I’d even learnt things like seat out and I have never learnt riding
    backwards as such I just can.

    --
    unicus - I need to change this

    'Photos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Photos-from-unicus)
    'Videos' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/unicus)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    unicus's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/869
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43078

  5. im gettin pretty smooth at gliding now and i canb land it maost of the
    time

    --
    Butty - bout level 5/6 )-0

    yer you're right, but only when i say you are )-o

    [email hidden] add me!!

    'My Web Page' (http://butty.1hwy.com)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Butty's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10093
    View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/43078

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.