General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Canada! Low Carb Mecca!!!

Started by Sammy · · Last activity · 10 posts · 398 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
17 July 2004
Last activity
21 July 2004
Original author
Sammy
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
398
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In August, I shall be leaving Boston and heading up for a vacation in
    Canada, in the Hunstville, Ontario area. I'm wondering how well-stocked
    the supermarkets in Huntsville will be in terms of LC products. I like
    to have things like HiLow Cereal, Hoodia milk, Splenda, LC ketchup, and
    maybe a Splenda-sweetened soft drink once or twice a month.

    How are things up there for you guys, LC product-wise? I'd like to bring
    as little as possible with me.

    Thanks,

    Sammy

  2. I'm in Alberta, not Ontario, but our available products should be similar.
    I've never heard of HiLow Cereal or Hoodia milk. We do have a lot of the
    Atkins products including their cold cereals and several brands of hot
    cereal mixes. Splenda has been available in Canada since the mid-80's,
    much longer than in the U.S. And yes to the LC ketchup too.
    We don't have all the products you do in the states, but it's getting
    closer every day.

    on Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:19:29 -0400, Sammy <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    In August, I shall be leaving Boston and heading up for a vacation in
    Canada, in the Hunstville, Ontario area. I'm wondering how well-stocked
    the supermarkets in Huntsville will be in terms of LC products. I like
    to have things like HiLow Cereal, Hoodia milk, Splenda, LC ketchup, and
    maybe a Splenda-sweetened soft drink once or twice a month.

    How are things up there for you guys, LC product-wise? I'd like to bring
    as little as possible with me.

    -----
    Bev

  3. Sammy said:

    In August, I shall be leaving Boston and heading up for a vacation in
    Canada, in the Hunstville, Ontario area. I'm wondering how
    well-stocked the supermarkets in Huntsville will be in terms of LC
    products.

    One thing I stock up on every year when I go to Canada is Sugar-Twin
    Original liquid sweetener. A great-tasting zero-carb sweetener not available
    in the US. Make sure you get the cyclamate version, not the saccharin
    version which is nasty.
    --
    Debbie

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bev-Ann said:

    I'm in Alberta, not Ontario, but our available products should be similar.
    I've never heard of HiLow Cereal or Hoodia milk. We do have a lot of the
    Atkins products including their cold cereals and several brands of hot
    cereal mixes. Splenda has been available in Canada since the mid-80's,
    much longer than in the U.S. And yes to the LC ketchup too.
    We don't have all the products you do in the states, but it's getting
    closer every day.
    Bev

    Thanks! I got the name wrong on the milk - it's a low carb milk made by
    the Hood company. What do you guys use on your cereal?

    Also, is it true that all diet beverages in Canada are made with
    Splenda, or is that just another myth?

    S.

  5. Sammy said:


    Also, is it true that all diet beverages in Canada are made with
    Splenda, or is that just another myth?

    I've seen a few, but it's mostly still Aspartame.
    Crafting Mom (in Nova Scotia)

  6. Diet Crush ( grape, orange and Cream Soda ) are made with spenda ...Same
    price too Woo Hoo !!

    "Sammy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bev-Ann said:

    I'm in Alberta, not Ontario, but our available products should be


    similar.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've never heard of HiLow Cereal or Hoodia milk. We do have a lot of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Atkins products including their cold cereals and several brands of hot
    cereal mixes. Splenda has been available in Canada since the mid-80's,
    much longer than in the U.S. And yes to the LC ketchup too.
    We don't have all the products you do in the states, but it's getting
    closer every day.
    Bev

    Thanks! I got the name wrong on the milk - it's a low carb milk made by
    the Hood company. What do you guys use on your cereal?

    Also, is it true that all diet beverages in Canada are made with
    Splenda, or is that just another myth?

    S.

  7. Sammy said:


    What do you guys use on your cereal?

    Cereal???? Can't recall the last time I had any of that stuff! :-)
    --
    Debbie

  8. "Peter" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Diet Crush ( grape, orange and Cream Soda ) are made with spenda ...Same
    price too Woo Hoo !!

    "Sammy" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>,

    Bev-Ann said:

    I'm in Alberta, not Ontario, but our available products should be


    similar.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I've never heard of HiLow Cereal or Hoodia milk. We do have a lot of


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Atkins products including their cold cereals and several brands of hot
    cereal mixes. Splenda has been available in Canada since the


    mid-80's,

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    much longer than in the U.S. And yes to the LC ketchup too.
    We don't have all the products you do in the states, but it's getting
    closer every day.
    Bev

    Thanks! I got the name wrong on the milk - it's a low carb milk made by
    the Hood company. What do you guys use on your cereal?

    Also, is it true that all diet beverages in Canada are made with
    Splenda, or is that just another myth?

    S.


    Costco Kirkland diet cola is now sweetened with sucralose.

    Sid...

  9. 'Hood' must be a U.S. company. Nothing like that up here. I use yogurt
    thinned with a little water and a sprinkle of Stevia on my cereal.
    Most of the diet beverages in Canada are the same as in the U.S., meaning
    made with aspartame.

    on Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:55:44 -0400, Sammy <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks! I got the name wrong on the milk - it's a low carb milk made by
    the Hood company. What do you guys use on your cereal?

    Also, is it true that all diet beverages in Canada are made with
    Splenda, or is that just another myth?

    S.

    -----
    Bev


  10. Quoted message said:


    How are things up there for you guys, LC product-wise? I'd like to bring
    as little as possible with me.

    Thanks,

    Sammy

    They had lots of LC stuff in the stores in Northern BC and the Yukon a
    couple weeks ago. I was shocked. You should be fine.

    Laura B.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.