Canadian Options on a limited budget.

Basher

May 28, 2011
Hey there,

I have been doing hours of research and spent hours at bike shops looking at a nice flat bar hybrid or road bike to buy for purely fitness use. Here is the problem, in Canada the prices on bicycles and the selection available is very limited. Most of the shops in my city don't have a bicycle in stock less than $1000 and I really can't spend more than $450 to $500 at this time. I enjoyed the Giant Rapid and Bowery as well as some Cannondale bicycles but I need to be realistic in saying that I am a student and I have a budget. I have tried to go down the road of older steel frames and they are equally as pricey, with some people charging upwards of $300 for some and I have dumped too much money in a lost cause already. I want to step up to the 21st century and get something that isn't by any means amazing but will be enjoyable to ride, and not break down on a weekly basis. Is there any online options or cheap brands I have been unable to see at my exclusive shops? The only thing I don't want to touch is Wal Mart and Canadian Tire bicycles really. I have looked at sites such as Bikes Direct but they don't offer shipping to Canada which is really unfortunate. Thanks for any help you may have, just want to get on the road before the summer ends!