Cannondale caad8 vs synapses

bryan silva

Dec 8, 2016
I am new to road biking and am planning on buying my first road bike very soon. Right now there is a close out deal at lbs caad8 tiagra ? But for another $300 I can get the synapses??? So do you think it is worth the extra cash? I am planning on doing a 2 day 175 mile bike ride in late June. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also any first hand experience on either bike?

The Biggest difference between those two bikes is their geometry. The CAAD8 is a 'relaxed race geometry' and the Synapse is an endurance geometry. So, what this essentially means is the Synapse is more suited to what you're going to be doing. For long rides, you want a more upright, comfortable riding position. Just my opinion, but by the end of that 175 miles on the CAAD8, your back and neck will likely be screaming at you. Mainly because it's riding position is a bit more aggressive. But, then again, everyone is different.. I believe the Synapses all come with 105 and better components, too.. so that's a HUGE upgrade from a Tiagra drivetrain.