Carbon Fibre TT frame

Dam21ian

May 18, 2006
Hi,

I noticed on my carbon fibre frame that on the inside of the frame, on the join between the top tube and the head tube there is a thin strip of carbon fibre that has not been properly fixed down, about a 1cm wide and 3cm long from flap of fibre. Is this simply a finishing issue, or could it weaked the structure. I have now fitted the forks without fixing it, so am keen to know if it needs attention or not.

Thanks,

Damian

Dam21ian said:
Hi,

I noticed on my carbon fibre frame that on the inside of the frame, on the join between the top tube and the head tube there is a thin strip of carbon fibre that has not been properly fixed down, about a 1cm wide and 3cm long from flap of fibre. Is this simply a finishing issue, or could it weaked the structure. I have now fitted the forks without fixing it, so am keen to know if it needs attention or not.

Thanks,

Damian

I would contact the manufacturer or have the retailer that supplied the frame contact the manufacturer. My guess is that it is not a structural problem, but it seems to be a quality control issue nonetheless.

John M said:
I would contact the manufacturer or have the retailer that supplied the frame contact the manufacturer. My guess is that it is not a structural problem, but it seems to be a quality control issue nonetheless.
Yes, I agree. But, better yet, take some pictures and email those to them.