carbon frame/campy BB click

Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.

Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
week and a half.

Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.

Thanks

John

[email protected] wrote:
> Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
> of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
> Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.
>
> Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
> week and a half.
>
> Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

I hope your search doesn't end like mine:
http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaatjes/ScottBBbus1.jpg
http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaatjes/ScottBBbus2.jpg

Lou

On Jun 13, 5:01 pm, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
> > of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
> > Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.

> > Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
> > week and a half.

> > Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.

> > Thanks

> > John

> I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/pla....planet.nl/~holtm072/plaatjes/ScottBBbus2.jpg
>
> Lou

Bummer. Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.

;)

Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?

D'ohBoy

Software development truism: The faster the slower.

D'ohBoy wrote:
> On Jun 13, 5:01 pm, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
>>> of saddle. 2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals. Flanders
>>> Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record. About 2 years old.
>>> Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
>>> week and a half.
>>> Any good mechs in Philly area? I'll make it worth yr while.
>>> Thanks
>>> John

>> I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/pla....planet.nl/~holtm072/plaatjes/ScottBBbus2.jpg
>>
>> Lou

> Bummer. Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.
>
> ;)
>
> Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?
>
> D'ohBoy

The shop sent it back to Scott 2.5 weeks ago. We will see what they
do/suggest. Frame was 2.5 years old and had 7000 km on it.

Lou

On Jun 13, 3:42 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> Like a previous poster, I too have the dreaded BB click, only when out
> of saddle.  2 or three clicks per downstroke, both pedals.  Flanders
> Pro Team (all carbon); Campy Record.  About 2 years old.
>
> Ever since ergo, i quit wrenching and the LBS wants to keep it for a
> week and a half.
>
> Any good mechs in Philly area?  I'll make it worth yr while.
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Take crank off, BB out, make sure the BB shell is faced, if possible.
Grease into the BB cups, grease inside BOTH cups(tap right one off),
install tight perhaps with teflon tape on the BB cup threads. Also
check the crank bolts(grease onto the threads as well as onto the
crank 'flats' where the chainring lives). Install crank onto dry BB
spindle(here we go) and to torque. 26-28 ft-lbs.

On Jun 14, 1:51 am, Lou Holtman <[email protected]> wrote:
> D'ohBoy wrote:
> >> I hope your search doesn't end like mine:http://home.planet.nl/~holtm072/plaatjes/ScottBBbus1.jpghttp://home.p...

> >> Lou

> > Bummer.  Bet some JB Weld would fix that right up.

> > ;)

> > Seriously, didja get that rebonded or what?

> > D'ohBoy

> The shop sent it back to Scott 2.5 weeks ago. We will see what they
> do/suggest. Frame was 2.5 years old and had 7000 km on it.
>
> Lou

We've seen two of these do this-warranty, no fix.