Carlos Sastre and Fernando Alonso Ride

sopas

Jul 20, 2004
2-time Formula 1 champion Fernando Alonso rode for 4 hours together with 2008 Tour de France winner Carlos Sastre and the rest of Cervelo team.

a9snrk.jpg

url]

I guess the Cervelo team just took it easy that day because there is no way Fernando Alonso can keep up with a group of profesional riders for 4 hours!!!!! NO WAY!!!

sopas said:
I guess the Cervelo team just took it easy that day because there is no way Fernando Alonso can keep up with a group of profesional riders for 4 hours!!!!! NO WAY!!!
You'd be surprised on just how fit those F1 drivers are. Mark Webber who is a hack F1 driver does loads of road riding along with mountain bike riding. He has ridden with the big Lance and recently smashed his leg into 87 pieces doing an MB race.

Alonso looks pretty farkin **** hot on the bike IMO. Got the classy gear, good position, gets four hours in with the boys and definitely looks like he knows what he's doing. Riding next to a reigning Tour de France winner and he still looks the part. Respect.

classic1 said:
Alonso looks pretty farkin **** hot on the bike IMO. Got the classy gear, good position, gets four hours in with the boys and definitely looks like he knows what he's doing. Riding next to a reigning Tour de France winner and he still looks the part. Respect.
I guess if you earned 15mill a year you could afford a classy bike and gear !

limerickman said:
Plenty of F1 drivers have taken to the bike.

Alain Prost is a regular Etaper.

Apparently Michael Schumacher and Tony Rominger were regular training partners for rides in the hills near their Monte Carlo homes.

rob of the og said:
Apparently Michael Schumacher and Tony Rominger were regular training partners for rides in the hills near their Monte Carlo homes.

Thanks for that.

I did read that Schmu is a very active guy - that he does a lot of mountain climbing etc.
I wasn't aware that he was cycling though.

classic1 said:

don't know about the "good position". he is the only one covering the brake levers. maybe he drives the f1 with his foot hovering over the brake pedal.

Yes I know Formula 1 drivers are fit, just like the Air force fighter jet pilots are, but that has nothing to do with cycling at all. If you don't train at least 4 times a week there is no way for a non-profesional rider to maintaing an average of 35-40 km/h for four hours. I don't believe it. Of couse we don't know how fast did they go but.....

BTW, Michael Schumacher favorite sport next to Formula 1 is football (soccer for our American friends).

I see that Sastre is in the small chainring and if he's got his q-rings on then he aint gonna be doing plenty of revs... so my guess is that they aint going all that fast, certainly nowhere near 40k's an hour.

Couple of things..... That Cervelo kit looks nice.... Columbia take note.. this is how to design a jersey........ and to Sastre.... he'd better start farkin training... swanning about with Formula 1 stars is not the prepartion to defend his Tour title.... Lance is out training hard already and will win the Tour Down Under......

whiteboytrash said:
Couple of things..... That Cervelo kit looks nice.... Columbia take note.. this is how to design a jersey........ and to Sastre.... he'd better start farkin training... swanning about with Formula 1 stars is not the prepartion to defend his Tour title.... Lance is out training hard already and will win the Tour Down Under......
Looks nice but would you want to be wearing an all black kit when it's 100F and you're climbing Mt Ventoux at the end of The Tour? I guess he's really hoping he'll be in something of a lighter shade by then... say, yellow.

whiteboytrash said:
I guess if you earned 15mill a year you could afford a classy bike and gear !
I'd be mostly spending it on alcohol, coke, hot cars and hotter women.