General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Carotid Artery Disease

Started by diane · · Last activity · 6 posts · 427 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
5 March 2005
Last activity
6 March 2005
Original author
diane
Posts
6
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
427
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–6 of 6
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm wondering if anyone here has Carotid Artery Disease. My Mother in law
    will be moving in with us, and I'm used to low carb cooking and want to
    accommodate her and help her learn healthy eating. Smoking is probably her
    worst problem, but she knows that. She is facing surgery to unblock her
    arteries, I sure would love to find a nonsurgical solution.

    Moving in will be a change, but I think she will welcome having someone cook
    for her. With a serious physical condition, I wouldnt want to do more harm
    than good- since we eat a more cheese and meats than she does. The web MD
    reference to diet is contrary to a low carb plan

    Diane

  2. "diane" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Moving in will be a change, but I think she will welcome having someone


    cook

    Quoted message said:

    for her. With a serious physical condition, I wouldnt want to do more harm
    than good- since we eat a more cheese and meats than she does. The web MD
    reference to diet is contrary to a low carb plan

    Try Mediterranean, should be good for her health and intersect ok with lc

    --
    You can't have everything.....where would you put it?

  3. diane said:

    I'm wondering if anyone here has Carotid Artery Disease. My Mother in law
    will be moving in with us, and I'm used to low carb cooking and want to
    accommodate her and help her learn healthy eating. Smoking is probably
    her
    worst problem, but she knows that. She is facing surgery to unblock her
    arteries, I sure would love to find a nonsurgical solution.

    Moving in will be a change, but I think she will welcome having someone
    cook
    for her. With a serious physical condition, I wouldnt want to do more
    harm
    than good- since we eat a more cheese and meats than she does. The web MD
    reference to diet is contrary to a low carb plan

    Diane

    My mother also has this, and she also smokes. It's smoking and not diet
    that causes this. My mother is also being pumped full of statins and
    given the "low fat" party line.

    --
    Bob M
    remove ".x" to reply

  4. well, she just called and decided to not move....she has trouble thinking
    straight, which is part if this. no way can she keep straight what to eat
    and what not to! so she eats cookies because they don't have cholesterol,
    and mayo does so no tuna sandwiches-go figure.

    she used to be worried about cancer, but this will get her first...I don't
    see her stopping.

    All the cardio diets say the same- low fat, low meat. I couldn't begin to
    tell her why- hopefully our visit will remind her to eat better

    "Bob M" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    diane said:

    I'm wondering if anyone here has Carotid Artery Disease. My Mother in law
    will be moving in with us, and I'm used to low carb cooking and want to
    accommodate her and help her learn healthy eating. Smoking is probably
    her
    worst problem, but she knows that. She is facing surgery to unblock her
    arteries, I sure would love to find a nonsurgical solution.

    Moving in will be a change, but I think she will welcome having someone
    cook
    for her. With a serious physical condition, I wouldnt want to do more
    harm
    than good- since we eat a more cheese and meats than she does. The web MD
    reference to diet is contrary to a low carb plan

    Diane

    My mother also has this, and she also smokes. It's smoking and not diet
    that causes this. My mother is also being pumped full of statins and
    given the "low fat" party line.

    --
    Bob M
    remove ".x" to reply

  5. diane said:

    well, she just called and decided to not move....she has trouble thinking
    straight, which is part if this. no way can she keep straight what to
    eat
    and what not to! so she eats cookies because they don't have cholesterol,
    and mayo does so no tuna sandwiches-go figure.

    she used to be worried about cancer, but this will get her first...I
    don't
    see her stopping.

    All the cardio diets say the same- low fat, low meat. I couldn't begin to
    tell her why- hopefully our visit will remind her to eat better

    Yes, my mother is also terrified of dietary cholesterol. So, she'll eat
    stuff filled with sugar because it's "low fat."

    --
    Bob M
    remove ".x" to reply

  6. "diane" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I've got to get the info about how she is making the cholesterol by eating
    sugar. I seem to remember reading that in Atkins.

    http://tinyurl.com/6bjbs
    for
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=10872901&dopt=Abstract

    http://tinyurl.com/6omtq
    for
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15383513

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.