Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Carradice Bag Saddle Clips?

Started by Tom Nakashima · · Last activity · 10 posts · 1,007 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
16 May 2005
Last activity
3 June 2005
Original author
Tom Nakashima
Posts
10
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,007
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–10 of 10
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Greetings,
    I was looking for Clips that fit on the seat-rail of my saddle so I could
    connect a Carradice Bag. I want to transfer the bag from one bike to
    another. My other bike has the Brooks B-17 saddle which has the clips
    intergraded. The saddle I want to connect the Carradice Bag does not have
    clips. Or suggestion for mounting the Carradice Nelson Bag on a saddle?
    -tom

  2. When I first bought my Carradice Longflap bag it came with leather
    straps which are used to attach the bag to the saddle rails. I never
    did use them as I opted for the quick release unit that attaches to the
    seat post. The quick release unit is sold separately.

  3. Tom Nakashima said:

    Greetings,
    I was looking for Clips that fit on the seat-rail of my saddle so I


    could

    Quoted message said:

    connect a Carradice Bag. I want to transfer the bag from one bike to

    Quoted message said:

    another. My other bike has the Brooks B-17 saddle which has the


    clips

    Quoted message said:

    intergraded. The saddle I want to connect the Carradice Bag does not


    have

    Quoted message said:

    clips. Or suggestion for mounting the Carradice Nelson Bag on a


    saddle?

    What you have described is the Carradice Saddlebag Clamp. It is
    available from Wallingford Bicycle
    (http://www.wallbike.com/carradice/clamp.html) as well as Peter White
    Cycles (http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/carradice.asp - near bottom of
    page, under "Parts"😉. I imagine Harris Cyclery
    (http://sheldonbrown.com/harris) can get you one as well, not to
    mention any other Carridice dealer.

    Personally, I like the Carradice SQR system - it makes transfering the
    bag from one bike to another about a 30 second affair, provided you
    have a mounting block on each bike. With the SQR system, there are no
    straps to mess with - just a simple quick release mechanism. I use one
    on my commuter - it lets me easily take my bag off the bike and into
    the office.

    A few more creative Carradice "hacks" are shown at
    http://www.wallbike.com/content/carradicehacks.html

    PS: I have no affilation with any of the above dealers, although I am
    a satisfied customer of two of them.

    Later,
    Mark

  4. Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Carradice SQR system

    Have you lost anything from the side pockets?

    Just got the SQR Trax and was suprised to see the side pockets have no closures
    - just a little elastic that's defeated if/when somebody tightens the cinch
    strap on that side.

    Or have I been drinking too much coffee again?
    --
    PeteCresswell

  5. "(PeteCresswell)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Carradice SQR system

    Have you lost anything from the side pockets?

    Just got the SQR Trax and was suprised to see the side pockets have no
    closures
    - just a little elastic that's defeated if/when somebody tightens the
    cinch
    strap on that side.

    Or have I been drinking too much coffee again?
    --
    PeteCresswell

    Pete, my Carradice Bag has a leather closures with an eyelet for my side
    pockets. I keep a spare tube and a flat tire change tools in a small pouch
    in one of the pockets. The other is energy drink mix and energy supplement
    Gu. My keys I keep inside the main bag compartment on a clasp, as well as a
    lightweight wallet...never lost anything (yet). The Carradice I just use for
    touring.

    FWIW, about coffee. Since laying off the coffee, I've been feeling great. I
    haven't had coffee or softdrinks for over two years, just been drinking H20.
    I've lowered my HR quite a bit and my recovery HR after a ride is pretty
    good. The Polar S720i HR monitor has a recovery reading after a workout. I
    set it to 2 minutes. I can bring my HR down to 80-90 bpm in 2 min. after an
    strenuous ride. I'm sure it's not all laying off the coffee, but watching
    diet, rest, and riding in shape all helps.
    -tom

  6. Tom Nakashima said:

    FWIW, about coffee. Since laying off the coffee, I've been feeling
    great. I haven't had coffee or softdrinks for over two years, just
    been drinking H20. I've lowered my HR quite a bit and my recovery HR
    after a ride is pretty good. The Polar S720i HR monitor has a
    recovery reading after a workout. I set it to 2 minutes. I can
    bring my HR down to 80-90 bpm in 2 min. after an strenuous ride. I'm
    sure it's not all laying off the coffee, but watching diet, rest, and
    riding in shape all helps. -tom

    {sticking fingers in ears and yodeling "LaLaLaLaLa" like a middle-aged
    Middle Eastern woman}

    Bill "still on first cup (large mug, actually)" S.

  7. "Bill Sornson" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Tom Nakashima said:

    FWIW, about coffee. Since laying off the coffee, I've been feeling
    great. I haven't had coffee or softdrinks for over two years, just
    been drinking H20. I've lowered my HR quite a bit and my recovery HR
    after a ride is pretty good. The Polar S720i HR monitor has a
    recovery reading after a workout. I set it to 2 minutes. I can
    bring my HR down to 80-90 bpm in 2 min. after an strenuous ride. I'm
    sure it's not all laying off the coffee, but watching diet, rest, and
    riding in shape all helps. -tom

    {sticking fingers in ears and yodeling "LaLaLaLaLa" like a middle-aged
    Middle Eastern woman}

    Bill "still on first cup (large mug, actually)" S.

    Think Middle Eastern women drink Foldgers.
    -tom

  8. "(PeteCresswell)" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Per Tom Nakashima:

    Quoted message said:

    Pete, my Carradice Bag has a leather closures with an eyelet for my side
    pockets.

    I guess it's time for some aftermarket modification on my part. Seems
    like a
    major design oversight.

    Intended use is riding to work. Slacks, socks, shirt, tie, and boxer
    shorts in
    the bag; a belt and a pair of my size 15s staged at work.

    I see the side pockets as somewhere to put stuff I'd rather keep separate
    for
    aesthetic reasons - like sweaty socks, or things that I want quick access
    to -
    like a glasses case, gloves, head rag, and so-forth.

    --
    PeteCresswell

    The nice thing about Carradice, one can arrange the contents anyway they
    want.
    -tom

  9. Per Tom Nakashima:

    Quoted message said:

    Pete, my Carradice Bag has a leather closures with an eyelet for my side
    pockets.

    I guess it's time for some aftermarket modification on my part. Seems like a
    major design oversight.

    Intended use is riding to work. Slacks, socks, shirt, tie, and boxer shorts in
    the bag; a belt and a pair of my size 15s staged at work.

    I see the side pockets as somewhere to put stuff I'd rather keep separate for
    aesthetic reasons - like sweaty socks, or things that I want quick access to -
    like a glasses case, gloves, head rag, and so-forth.

    --
    PeteCresswell

  10. (PeteCresswell) said:

    Per [email hidden]:

    Quoted message said:

    Carradice SQR system

    Have you lost anything from the side pockets?

    Just got the SQR Trax and was suprised to see the side pockets have no closures
    - just a little elastic that's defeated if/when somebody tightens the cinch
    strap on that side.

    I have a Super-C, which must be different - the side pockets have a
    cover over them with a nylon webbing closure - it close up tightly. On
    one side I put a spare inner tube and a cell phone. On the other I put
    my wallet and keys. Not stuff I would put in those pockets in it were
    likely to fall out.

    Later,
    Mark

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.