General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Cataclysmic global earthquake party ideas?

Started by Ace Berserker · · Last activity · 15 posts · 338 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
27 March 2006
Last activity
29 March 2006
Original author
Ace Berserker
Posts
15
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
338
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–15 of 15
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

  2. Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?


    How 'bout "Upside-down Cake"?

    Cheers
    Cathy(xyz)

  3. "Ace Berserker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :-)

  4. Doug Kanter said:

    "Ace Berserker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :-)

    And milk shakes for the children.

    For dinner, in tribute to Dr. C, we have an all-spam menu planned,
    centering on spam shake and bake.

    Dean G.

  5. "Dean G." <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Doug Kanter said:

    "Ace Berserker" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Obviously, martinis. Shaken, not stirred. :-)

    And milk shakes for the children.

    For dinner, in tribute to Dr. C, we have an all-spam menu planned,
    centering on spam shake and bake.

    Dean G.

    Spam & eggs. Spam eggs & spam. Spam spam spam.

  6. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Bean and cheese Nachos with Margaritas.......
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  7. Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Jello Jigglers might be fun to watch during a quake:

    Jello Jigglers

    4 small. pkgs. (4 serving size) or 2 lg. pkgs. (8 serving size) Jello
    brand gelatin, you choose the flavor, it's your funeral.;-)
    2 1/2 cups boiling water or apple juice

    Completely dissolve gelatin in boiling water or juice.
    Pour into 13 x 9 inch pan.
    Chill until firm or about 3 hours.
    To remove, dip pan in warm water about 15 seconds.
    Cut into decorative shapes with cookie cutters or cut into 1" squares.
    Lift Jigglers from pan.

    -Rusty - Sacramento, CA

  8. Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    man, the earth better not end this week, my birthday is on June 6th. 06/06/06.
    I'm planning an apocalyptic bash!

    --
    ..:Heather:.
    www.velvet-c.com
    Step off, beyotches, I'm the roflpimp!

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,

    The Bubbo said:
    Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    man, the earth better not end this week, my birthday is on June 6th. 06/06/06.
    I'm planning an apocalyptic bash!

    <lol>
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  10. The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    Earth Move. What's your music preference?

  11. "Shake, Rattle and Roll"
    "All Shook Up"
    "Falling Into Satan's Chasm Over You" (OK, I made that one up...)

  12. In article <[email hidden]>,

    Laura from MomsRetro.com said:

    The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    Earth Move. What's your music preference?

    REM. It's the End of the Earth as we know it.........
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

  13. Ace Berserker said:

    As readers of RFC are only too aware, a great catastrophe has been all
    but assured for Wednesday, as per the dear unbalanced Doctor's hourly
    admonitions.

    Sounds like a good enough reason for a dinner party!

    Anyone have any festive menu ideas?

    Dang it! The End Of The World, and I'm going to miss it. I'll be at a
    conference in Minneapolis all day long.

    Bob

  14. LOL!!!
    I like a snappy disaster tune...

    Ace Berserker said:

    "Shake, Rattle and Roll"
    "All Shook Up"
    "Falling Into Satan's Chasm Over You" (OK, I made that one up...)

  15. Laura from MomsRetro.com said:

    The AC usually goes out so I like to have a big BBQ with everything
    defrosting in the freezer. As for music, after an earthquake I prefer
    hearing Randy Newman's I Love LA more then Carol King's I Feel The
    Earth Move. What's your music preference?

    Gregorian chant, or polyphonic choral music of the same genre.

    Steve

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.