Cateye Double Wireless Problems

nbfman

Sep 12, 2005
One of my Cateye Double Wireless (CC-CD300DW) speed/cadence computers has developed a problem, and I wanted to see if others had experienced anything like it. Some time back, I noticed it was having problems showing any speed reading. The behavior improved after changing batteries and moving the sensor closer to the magnet; however, it never seemed as reliable as before. Then, during my last ride, the speed starting making discrete jumps on occasion. Also, the buttons on the control unit became slow to respond, which made me think it was the part that was going bad.

If you have experienced such a problem, what did you do i.e. did you send it in for repair, replace just one part (if it is even possible), or purchase an entirely new system? Also, what's the approximate life you have gotten out of your system? I have two, and one has been trouble-free for 4 yrs. The other appears to have failed after 3 yrs.

Thanks for any input.

nbfman said:
One of my Cateye Double Wireless (CC-CD300DW) speed/cadence computers has developed a problem, and I wanted to see if others had experienced anything like it. Some time back, I noticed it was having problems showing any speed reading. The behavior improved after changing batteries and moving the sensor closer to the magnet; however, it never seemed as reliable as before. Then, during my last ride, the speed starting making discrete jumps on occasion. Also, the buttons on the control unit became slow to respond, which made me think it was the part that was going bad.

If you have experienced such a problem, what did you do i.e. did you send it in for repair, replace just one part (if it is even possible), or purchase an entirely new system? Also, what's the approximate life you have gotten out of your system? I have two, and one has been trouble-free for 4 yrs. The other appears to have failed after 3 yrs.

Thanks for any input.

Have you replaced the batteries in the sensor and the head unit?

are you riding near power lines? i once rode up a rode and lost complete signal in panama city. i mean i got on a roadside trail and 0 nothing. i was like wtf? i stopped to check it out and after 10 mins i gave up and rode on. this was a 5 mile stretch following the road and power lines. when i turned off the road on my way back i got my signal back. now everytime mine jumps around i look and sure enought a power line. :)

I have two of the same sensor systems on separate bikes. The other works fine on the same routes. Also, the one in question used to work fine. So, it is something to do with the unit, and not environmental, though I agree interference can affect the readings.

nbfman said:
I have two of the same sensor systems on separate bikes. The other works fine on the same routes. Also, the one in question used to work fine. So, it is something to do with the unit, and not environmental, though I agree interference can affect the readings.

Call Cateye.