Central Park Loop record?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Dante Rosati, Jun 12, 2003.

  1. Dante Rosati

    Dante Rosati Guest

    Hi-

    What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?

    thanks

    Dante

    >Hi- What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?

    Average for who? During the tour the trump, remember that?, I think they did high 12's low 13's.
    -----------------
    Alex __O _-\<,_ (_)/ (_)

  3. "Dante Rosati" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?

    For four laps in an individual time trial, it's held by Jason Gould and I think it was less than 54
    minutes. For a team time trial of four guys over that distance it is 53:15.

    In think in the Tour du Pont or Tour du Trump the break was doing laps in the low 12s.

    This page has links to some recent race results, including a bunch of two-lap times trials.

    http://www.crca.net/racesarch/

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com

  5. Dante Rosati wrote:
    > Hi-
    >
    > What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Dante

    Whoops--hit the send button too fast. Is Lester's wife working you over? ;-)

    Steve

  6. Lester Long

    Lester Long Guest

    "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > Dante Rosati wrote:
    > > Hi-
    > >
    > > What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?
    > >
    > > thanks Dante
    >

    > Whoops--hit the send button too fast. Is Lester's wife working you over? ;-)
    >
    > Steve

    Woah! No wonder Dante hasn't been returning my emails. ;)

    Regards, Lester

  7. Lester Long wrote:

    > "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Dante Rosati wrote:
    > > > Hi-
    > > >
    > > > What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?
    > > >
    > > > thanks Dante
    > >

    > > Whoops--hit the send button too fast. Is Lester's wife working you over? ;-)
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Woah! No wonder Dante hasn't been returning my emails. ;)
    >
    > Regards, Lester

    Yeah, she can probably whup me pretty good too!

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS Brooklyn, NY 718-258-5001 http://www.dentaltwins.com

  8. Dante Rosati

    Dante Rosati Guest

    Ha Ha. :) Small world Lester. But I don't recall any emails from you that I didn't respond to??

    Dante

    "Lester Long" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > "Steven Bornfeld" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > Dante Rosati wrote:
    > > > Hi-
    > > >
    > > > What are average, good and excellent times for the Central Park Loop, and is there a record?
    > > >
    > > > thanks Dante
    > >

    > > Whoops--hit the send button too fast. Is Lester's wife working you over? ;-)
    > >
    > > Steve
    >
    > Woah! No wonder Dante hasn't been returning my emails. ;)
    >
    > Regards, Lester

  9. `You guys need more customers. Your spending too much time on the computer.:) How are both of you?

    Herb Dershowitz

    news:[email protected]...

  10. Herb Dershowitz wrote:
    > `You guys need more customers. Your spending too much time on the computer.:) How are
    > both of you?
    >
    > Herb Dershowitz

    You're right--we need more patients. But Lester has perfect teeth. Don't know about Dante. I
    figure if you needed a dentist we would have heard from you by now. Otherwise we're fine,
    but out of shape. Rode an hour in Prospect Park this morning and was passed by 80-year old
    women on mountain bikes. I'd say it's a bitch to get old but almost no one's older than you
    are. In a couple of years my daughter will be old enough to take out to the lot so Billy
    Bauer can make her his next protege. I'll be celebrating Father's Day at Mark's with him,
    his wife, my wife and daughter--he has a house in Mill Basin. I'll send him your regards.

    Steve

  11. Dante Rosati wrote:
    > Ha Ha. :) Small world Lester. But I don't recall any emails from you that I didn't respond to??
    >
    > Dante

    He's just pullin' your chain, Dante. When you look like the incredible hulk and can bench
    700 lbs. you can pull chains. Like your websit, btw. I keep promising I'll make a meeting of
    the NYCCGS, and I'd better, because he's likely to pull my heart out of my chest and show it
    to me before I die.

    Steve

    > "Lester Long" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...

    >>>Whoops--hit the send button too fast. Is Lester's wife working you over? ;-)
    >>>
    >>>Steve
    >>
    >>Woah! No wonder Dante hasn't been returning my emails. ;)
    >>
    >>Regards, Lester

  12. Dante Rosati

    Dante Rosati Guest

    Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dante Rosati wrote:
    > > Ha Ha. :) Small world Lester. But I don't recall any emails from you that I didn't respond to??
    > >
    > > Dante
    >
    > He's just pullin' your chain, Dante. When you look like the incredible hulk and can bench
    > 700 lbs. you can pull chains. Like your websit, btw. I keep promising I'll make a meeting of
    > the NYCCGS, and I'd better, because he's likely to pull my heart out of my chest and show it
    > to me before I die.

    Is there some hitherto unkown relationship between classical guitar and bicycle racing? Why are
    there so many guitarists here?

    just wondering...:)

    Dante

  13. Dante Rosati wrote:
    > Steven Bornfeld <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    >
    >>Dante Rosati wrote:
    >>
    >>>Ha Ha. :) Small world Lester. But I don't recall any emails from you that I didn't respond to??
    >>>
    >>>Dante
    >>
    >> He's just pullin' your chain, Dante. When you look like the incredible hulk and can bench
    >> 700 lbs. you can pull chains. Like your websit, btw. I keep promising I'll make a meeting of
    >> the NYCCGS, and I'd better, because he's likely to pull my heart out of my chest and show it
    >> to me before I die.
    >

    > Is there some hitherto unkown relationship between classical guitar and bicycle racing? Why are
    > there so many guitarists here?
    >
    > just wondering...:)
    >
    > Dante

    There's a pHD thesis in there somewhere... BTW, I think the luthier David Schramm once said
    on RMCG that he had in a previous life been a mechanic for team Kalhua, at the time one of
    the strongest women's racing teams.

    Steve