want to buy this bike, but heard that it got some bonding issue? BB will unbond form the down tube, anyone out there have this problem?
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
cervelo R2.5 Team
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 30 July 2005
- Last activity
- 25 August 2005
- Original author
- bkopi
- Posts
- 7
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,350
- Views / 30 days
- 0
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
I absolutely love my R2.5. I had heard that some of the early models had some bonding issues at the rear drop-outs, hadn't heard about bottom bracket issues??? Cervelo has said that those issues are behind them. I've raced mine pretty hard and haven't seen any cracks or evidence of bonding issues. I ride with two other R2.5 owners and they're happy too.
-
Thanks. Few much questions for you. 1.Front Derailleurs is braze on, right? 2.BB is English not italian, right?
-
bkopi said:
Thanks. Few much questions for you. 1.Front Derailleurs is braze on, right? 2.BB is English not italian, right?
Yes, and yes.
-
I ride with a guy who may weigh 135, and is a climber, not a pedal smasher. He had two debond on him. He sent them both back, and got his money back. He now has a Ridley. I haven't seen it yet. I was seriously thinking about the 2.5 until he told me his problems.😠
-
Hi SCDETAILER, when did this debond happen to him, was his R2.5 a 2003 version?
-
To tell you the truth I do not know when he had the problem. It could not have been too long ago, maybe a year.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.