Challenge Open Tubular Clincher Tires

jkretsch

Jul 29, 2003
Anyone have any experience with Challenge Open Tubular (clincher) tires? I scoured the web but didn't find much in the way of reviews. I just bought a pair of Challenge Gara tires off of eBay for $55 incl shipping. That's for two tires. They weigh 220 grams and have 240 TPI. They seem pretty hard to beat at any price much less at $27.50 each. They're handmade in Thailand and supposedly Challenge makes high-end tubular tires for other brands (I suspect Continental and Vittoria based on what I've read).

Originally Posted by jkretsch .

Anyone have any experience with Challenge Open Tubular (clincher) tires? I scoured the web but didn't find much in the way of reviews. I just bought a pair of Challenge Gara tires off of eBay for $55 incl shipping. That's for two tires. They weigh 220 grams and have 240 TPI. They seem pretty hard to beat at any price much less at $27.50 each. They're handmade in Thailand and supposedly Challenge makes high-end tubular tires for other brands (I suspect Continental and Vittoria based on what I've read).
Very nice tires on par with Vittora Open Tubulars they have(also clinchers). Most high end tires are now made in very modern factories in Thailand.