Chamois Cremes? who uses what

malcomm

New Member
Oct 5, 2004
I've never used Chamois cremes but am interested in other riders opinions of their usefullness and what you use. Most seem very expensive.
tell me tell me....

cheers
malcom

malcomm wrote:
> I've never used Chamois cremes but am interested in other riders
> opinions of their usefullness and what you use. Most seem very
> expensive.
> tell me tell me....
>
> cheers
> malcom

I've been using the Assos chamois cream for probably 18 months or
more. Now I pretty much always use it. For me it increased comfort
well beyond the $20 it costs.

Chamois cream = goodbye saddle soreness.

(Feels a bit wierd the first few times you use it though)

--
Nick

i use it all the time.....

a tub of assos lasts ages....

seems to be the best stuff

jb

www.vitaitaliano.com

the italian cycling experience

fred_nieman said:
malcomm wrote:
Almost all of of the Chamois Crème Brûlées I've had have been
delicious... but, here's a tip: take care to pick out the dingleberries
with a fish-knife before tucking into a Chamois Crème at a cheaper
restaurant. Bite down on something like that, and it's a night of good
food utterly ruined.
And look out for stray ....

Oh you sick puppy, so pleased you didn't post this around, say, dinnertime, would of put the residents of Chateau d'Star right off dessert. Energy goop+chamois creme anyone, or is that jumping the shark? :D

"fred_nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

[...]

> ps: DRS is annoyed with me because he thinks I may be stoopid.
> Can you confirm with him that I am definately stoopid? Thx in
> advance!

A number of people are annoyed with you because you won't take 20 seconds
and fix your computer's clock. It's a trivial task.

--

A: Top-posters.

NickZX6R said:
malcomm wrote:
> I've never used Chamois cremes but am interested in other riders
> opinions of their usefullness and what you use. Most seem very
> expensive.
> tell me tell me....
>
> cheers
> malcom

I've been using the Assos chamois cream for probably 18 months or
more. Now I pretty much always use it. For me it increased comfort
well beyond the $20 it costs.

Chamois cream = goodbye saddle soreness.

(Feels a bit wierd the first few times you use it though)

--
Nick

Freddy's Choice

malcomm wrote:
> I've never used Chamois cremes but am interested in other riders
> opinions of their usefullness and what you use. Most seem very
> expensive.
> tell me tell me....
>
> cheers
> malcom

Heya mm
My experiences with Chamois Crèmes have mostly been good, and with the
more expensive ones, completely positive.
Eddie Merckx was a *big* fan of (Belgian, of course) Godiva Chamois
Crèmes.
Almost all of of the Chamois Crème Brûlées I've had have been
delicious... but, here's a tip: take care to pick out the dingleberries
with a fish-knife before tucking into a Chamois Crème at a cheaper
restaurant. Bite down on something like that, and it's a night of good
food utterly ruined.
And look out for stray pubes, too.

Many thanks for the serious answers.
I guess I'l have to buy some and try it out.
One of concerns was the high price and how quickly it would run out but that doesn't seem to be an issue...

cheers
Malcom

jonny_velo wrote:

> i use it all the time.....
>
> a tub of assos lasts ages....
>
> seems to be the best stuff
>

> jb
>
> www.vitaitaliano.com
>
> the italian cycling experience

Of course, Chamois Crème in italiano is "Camoscio Crema."
Like the difference between black truffles and white truffles, I guess.
But, furthermore...

[mind weak, body strong, ummm I mean, mind strong, body weak... must...
not... mention... Paola Pezzo... in reference to... edible Chamois Crème...]

<fn's mind> says "D'oh!></fn's mind>

--> "fn's mind" has exited the newsgroup

Or something.
x p

(OK, the cream/creme thing isn't a pun in French or Italian, but...
listen, I'm having fun, alright? Ok, ok, go on, burst my bubble...)

Silcon

About $5 at most chemists.
Got me through a 4200Km ride without any saddle sores.
Did need to reapply once or twice a day, riding about 200Km per day.
Washes out of knicks easily because it is non-greasy.

Bjay

cfsmtb wrote:

> fred_nieman Wrote:
>
>>malcomm wrote:
>>Almost all of of the Chamois Crème Brûlées I've had have been
>>delicious... but, here's a tip: take care to pick out the
>>dingleberries
>>with a fish-knife before tucking into a Chamois Crème at a cheaper
>>restaurant. Bite down on something like that, and it's a night of
>>good
>>food utterly ruined.
>>And look out for stray ....

> Oh you sick puppy,

FWD: Sick Puppy needs home. Semi-house-trained. Has university degrees
and obedience school diploma. Pls email [email protected] or

> so pleased you didn't post this around, say,
> dinnertime, would of put the residents of Chateau d'Star right off
> dessert. Energy goop+chamois creme anyone, or is that jumping the
> shark? :D

Fonzie may have (literally) jumped the shark in episode #576 (or
whatever), but I'm sure that neither he nor Richie would have eaten
chamois creme instead of hamburgers at the Peach Pit... oops, sorry that
was a Beverley Hills 90210 a long time ago, in a Galaga far, far away...

(I liked the first series, where Fonzie was this really scary guy, not
some sort of figure of fun for the middle-class Cunninghams....)

Back on topic: "Leather Tuscadero" (aka Suzi Quatro) ... some sort of
Chamois Crème...
and.. .
oops, let's just stop right there.

***

ps: DRS is annoyed with me because he thinks I may be stoopid.
Can you confirm with him that I am definately stoopid? Thx in advance!

"fred nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> DRS wrote:
>> "fred_nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]
>>
>> [...]
>>
>>> ps: DRS is annoyed with me because he thinks I may be stoopid.
>>> Can you confirm with him that I am definately stoopid? Thx in
>>> advance!

>> A number of people are annoyed with you because you won't take 20
>> seconds and fix your computer's clock. It's a trivial task.

> And it's a trivial complaint.
> ¡Ay Salma Hayek!
> ¡Ay Caramba!
> ¡Los Trios Ringbarkus!
>
> (Fixed. Hpoefully)

No, you're *still* a day wrong.

--

A: Top-posters.

DRS wrote:
> "fred_nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
> [...]
>

>>ps: DRS is annoyed with me because he thinks I may be stoopid.
>>Can you confirm with him that I am definately stoopid? Thx in
>>advance!

> A number of people are annoyed with you because you won't take 20 seconds
> and fix your computer's clock. It's a trivial task.

And it's a trivial complaint.
¡Ay Salma Hayek!
¡Ay Caramba!
¡Los Trios Ringbarkus!

(Fixed. Hpoefully)

***

El Freddoles

And you're still as anal as ever. Perhaps you would like to name the
"number of people" apart from yourself.

I await your erudite response.

John L.

Q, What's the most annoying thing on Usenet.

A. Nitpicking anal rententives.

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:20:20 +1000, "DRS"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"fred nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> DRS wrote:
>>> "fred_nieman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> A number of people are annoyed with you because you won't take 20
>>> seconds and fix your computer's clock. It's a trivial task.

>> And it's a trivial complaint.
>> ¡Ay Salma Hayek!
>> ¡Ay Caramba!
>> ¡Los Trios Ringbarkus!
>>
>> (Fixed. Hpoefully)

>No, you're *still* a day wrong.

DRS wrote:
<etc>

> No, you're *still* a day wrong.

[sighs]

"John L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> I await your erudite response.

You don't know from erudite. You're just a top-posting shithead who likes
to inconvenience others. Why have you come into this thread two weeks after
it's all over?

--

A: Top-posters.

malcomm said:
I've never used Chamois cremes but am interested in other riders opinions of their usefullness and what you use. Most seem very expensive.
tell me tell me....

cheers
malcom
This is for a leather chamois huh? lve never used them either
Can someone please tell what stuff is safe for a female to use for her chamois?

thanks

DRS wrote:

> "John L" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>

>>I await your erudite response.

> You don't know from erudite. You're just a top-posting shithead who likes
> to inconvenience others. Why have you come into this thread two weeks after
> it's all over?

I think he meant me, John.

Ooops, let's try that again, on Tijuana time:

Pienso que él me significó, Juan.
¿Dónde está la zapataria?
Mi aerodeslizador es lleno de anguilas :p

Meeba said:
This is for a leather chamois huh? lve never used them either
Can someone please tell what stuff is safe for a female to use for her chamois?

thanks
No not neccessarily leather. I was thinking of the standard synthetic chamois in standard knicks.
Bought some Assos and it seems to help with comfort but its early days yet. Its unisex so should be fine for you. It just gets rubbed on the potentially sore bits rather than all over the chamois pad although thats where it'll eventually wind up.
www.assos.com.au

cheers
malcom

malcomm said:
No not neccessarily leather. I was thinking of the standard synthetic chamois in standard knicks.
Bought some Assos and it seems to help with comfort but its early days yet. Its unisex so should be fine for you. It just gets rubbed on the potentially sore bits rather than all over the chamois pad although thats where it'll eventually wind up.
www.assos.com.au

cheers
malcom
Thanks l will definately have to check it out