General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Chicken legs

Started by biig · · Last activity · 43 posts · 766 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
10 March 2006
Last activity
14 March 2006
Original author
biig
Posts
43
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
766
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–43 of 43
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. In article said:
    OmManiPadmeOmelet said:


    In article <[email hidden]>,

    dee said:

    biig wrote:
    > My store had these on sale today for 67 cents a pound. Now I can't
    > decide how to cook them. I don't want to make soup stock since I have
    > a
    > lot of it already in my freezer. What are your favourite methods? I
    > thought about marinating and roasting, but can't decide....tia Sharon

    What about taking the bone out then stuff it with various fillings
    inside, wrap them, then roast them.... mmm...

    We've deboned hindquarters in the past and made kebabs. ;-d
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack
    Nicholson

    I browned them in oil, then removed them from the pan and the excess
    oil, them browned a lot of coursely chopped onion, add some garlic, then
    some flour and cooked it slowly until the flour was browning. I added
    can of chicken broth and simmered it to integrate everything. Instead
    of adding the chicken back into the pan and covering it for braising, I
    put it in the slow cooker for about 6 hours on med-low. I thought the
    sauce a little bland, so I added dried tarragon , sage and basil to
    taste. The only skillet I have that's big enough for all the chicken,
    doesn't have a lid, so this worked out great. Really tender. I served
    it and the sauce over rice with a side of roasted
    asparagus....yummm....Sharon

    Sounds divine! ;-d

    No jpegs?????
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson


  2. Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I browned them in oil, then removed them from the pan and the excess
    oil, them browned a lot of coursely chopped onion, add some garlic, then
    some flour and cooked it slowly until the flour was browning. I added
    can of chicken broth and simmered it to integrate everything. Instead
    of adding the chicken back into the pan and covering it for braising, I
    put it in the slow cooker for about 6 hours on med-low. I thought the
    sauce a little bland, so I added dried tarragon , sage and basil to
    taste. The only skillet I have that's big enough for all the chicken,
    doesn't have a lid, so this worked out great. Really tender. I served
    it and the sauce over rice with a side of roasted
    asparagus....yummm....Sharon

    Sounds divine! ;-d

    No jpegs?????
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

    It was very good, thank you. I don't have the skills to post
    pictures, but I sure do enjoy everyone else's.....Sharon

  3. In article said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    I browned them in oil, then removed them from the pan and the excess
    oil, them browned a lot of coursely chopped onion, add some garlic, then
    some flour and cooked it slowly until the flour was browning. I added
    can of chicken broth and simmered it to integrate everything. Instead
    of adding the chicken back into the pan and covering it for braising, I
    put it in the slow cooker for about 6 hours on med-low. I thought the
    sauce a little bland, so I added dried tarragon , sage and basil to
    taste. The only skillet I have that's big enough for all the chicken,
    doesn't have a lid, so this worked out great. Really tender. I served
    it and the sauce over rice with a side of roasted
    asparagus....yummm....Sharon

    Sounds divine! ;-d

    No jpegs?????
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack
    Nicholson

    It was very good, thank you. I don't have the skills to post
    pictures, but I sure do enjoy everyone else's.....Sharon

    Kili got me addicted to taking food pics. <G>

    No great skills, just a halfway decent camera and an editing program.
    It's not even that time consuming, and it's OH so much fun! :-)

    It's made me work more on my presentation, much to my dad's delight!
    --
    Peace, Om.

    "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-[censored]." -Jack Nicholson

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.