Child seat - from what age?

Martin Roberts

Guest
What does the group consider to be the youngest age that it's safe for a child to go on the back of
a bike? Is 8-months too young?

TIA,

Martin
--
mob at freenet dotcodotuk

Martin Roberts wrote:

> What does the group consider to be the youngest age that it's safe for a child to go on the back
> of a bike? Is 8-months too young?

There can be no set age. This must be responded with an 'it all depends'. The prime consideration
must be the ability of the child to hold their head up safely. Until their necks are developed
enough it is dangerous to use a child seat.

FWIW my eldest daughter went into a child seat at 6 months.

However a trailer is, IMO, far better than a child seat anyway and can be used from just a few weeks
old to ......

John B